Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie: What is the inlet at the back of my 311BHS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: What is the inlet at the back of my 311BHS?

I'm embarrassed to ask this question but, honestly, I don't see it in the manual anywhere. Toward the rear of my newly purchased 2020 Reflection 311BHS (rear bathroom) there is an inlet to connect a hose. I'm GUESSING it's a black tank flush for flushing out the rear sewer pipes since there is a rear bathroom. Can somebody let me know?

A picture would help but my guess is if it is a black hose connection then it is the tank flush.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by dungeoncrawl View Post
      I'm embarrassed to ask this question but, honestly, I don't see it in the manual anywhere. Toward the rear of my newly purchased 2020 Reflection 311BHS (rear bathroom) there is an inlet to connect a hose. I'm GUESSING it's a black tank flush for flushing out the rear sewer pipes since there is a rear bathroom. Can somebody let me know?
      About the 18:12 mark the presenter states that connection is the black tank flush for the rear bathroom. (The main bathroom's black tank flush is on the Nautilus panel.)

https://youtu.be/w6HjcHvmcw4

Please take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

About the 18:12 mark the presenter states that connection is the black tank flush for the rear bathroom. (The main bathroom's black tank flush is on the Nautilus panel.)

https://youtu.be/w6HjcHvmcw4

Please take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
        So he says its a 'Secondary back tank flush". So there are 2 black tanks in this 311BHS??? I don't see that in the specs.

Comment

So he says its a 'Secondary back tank flush". So there are 2 black tanks in this 311BHS??? I don't see that in the specs.
          Yes. The rear tank is a combined black/gray, independent of the other three tanks (which are connected via a single discharge pipe).
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Yes. The rear tank is a combined black/gray, independent of the other three tanks (which are connected via a single discharge pipe).
            Wow. Where is 'that' in my owners manual? That's good to know and explains a few things. For example, my friend thought that was the city water inflow (ugh!), connected my hose and turned it on full blast. The sink back there filled up and spilled onto the floor and back room. Fortunately, the tank had been thoroughly cleaned and winterized so the liquid was clear, didn't sink and was easily cleaned up and sanitized. Sill not great but managed to. I couldn't understand how, if that was a black tank back there, how it would have come up through that sink. Now I know.

Comment

Wow. Where is 'that' in my owners manual? That's good to know and explains a few things. For example, my friend thought that was the city water inflow (ugh!), connected my hose and turned it on full blast. The sink back there filled up and spilled onto the floor and back room. Fortunately, the tank had been thoroughly cleaned and winterized so the liquid was clear, didn't sink and was easily cleaned up and sanitized. Sill not great but managed to. I couldn't understand how, if that was a black tank back there, how it would have come up through that sink. Now I know.
              LOL. I can only imagine how confusing that must have been.

I pulled the DWV drawing for your unit. Your rear tank is 40 gallons and collects the toilet, bathroom sink and outside sink drainage.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

LOL. I can only imagine how confusing that must have been.

I pulled the DWV drawing for your unit. Your rear tank is 40 gallons and collects the toilet, bathroom sink and outside sink drainage.

Jim
                thank you for that. I was wondering how big that tank back there would be.

Comment

Working...
                X