Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting sewer hoses together

Hi all,
    I was dumping the tanks using the new sewer hoses I purchased. All four are the same brand.
    I had a devil of a time connecting some of the hoses together. The Rheumatoid Arthritis did not help.
    I was considering taking a file and relieving some of the material on the "hooks" of the hoses that engage the bayonets.
    Just enough material removal to make it easier to twist together and still remain leak free.
    Someone suggested a couple of strap wrenches to provide a bit more leverage.

Any other experience or ideas?

Thanks.
    Steve

2022 Momentum 381MS
    2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
    Reese Elite 27K Puck System
    Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Raven's Roost, google rv sewer hose wrench. You will find choices and reasonable.
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

@D&S-303 - Who knew?
      Now my buds with 3d printers will be disappointed.🤣
      Thanks.
      Steve
      2022 Momentum 381MS
      2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

I have found just a little of lube, not petro based, similar to the lube used for the toilette seal on the O ring and claws of the connections, works wonders but not too much so it doesn't attract dirt and dust.
        Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
        TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Thanks,
          A bit of surfing, and I find that the sewer hose wrenches are designed for Camco fittings.
          I emailed Valterra CS. They say theya re working on some Valterra specific tools.
          However, the tools will not be available until next year.
          So. back to plan B. Strap wrenches or Channellock 212s (or equivalent).
          I will also try some lube. I have both silicon and teflon based for the pool.

2022 Momentum 381MS
          2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Try something like this. I have two of them and they work great…

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...5?athbdg=L1200
            Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
            Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
            2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
            Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
            Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

A pair of these are relatively cheap. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../CAM39758.html might be worth a try.

I ran across this http://www.dmbruss.com/zFullTimeLife...FTLS_Sewer.htm might be an interesting project. (Note the wrench is at the bottom of the page)
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Raven's Roost View Post
                Hi all,
                I was dumping the tanks using the new sewer hoses I purchased. All four are the same brand.
                I had a devil of a time connecting some of the hoses together. The Rheumatoid Arthritis did not help.
                I was considering taking a file and relieving some of the material on the "hooks" of the hoses that engage the bayonets.
                Just enough material removal to make it easier to twist together and still remain leak free.
                Someone suggested a couple of strap wrenches to provide a bit more leverage.

Any other experience or ideas?

Thanks.
                Steve
                I can feel your pain as my hands don't seem to be able to open an pickle jar any more with out a rubber strap wrench - let alone unscrew my Gin cap.

Example here https://www.harborfreight.com/rubber...SABEgK3pvD_BwE

I have come to find that Rhino hoses are great to work with a leak free. They just seem to fit things better.......just my 02
                Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

All great ideas.
                  So far, I may have to go with Tom in PGH with the two wrenches.
                  They are the least expensive option.
                  Yoda That is why the bourbon and scotch bottles have a cork!😏
                  Thanks for all the great ideas.
                  Maybe my buddies with 3d printers are not so out of luck.

Steve
                  2022 Momentum 381MS
                  2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Raven's Roost View Post
                    Yoda That is why the bourbon and scotch bottles have a cork!😏

Steve
                    That stuff gives me headaches, but if it is Glenlivet​ I will join you.

Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                    X