Number 1 slide outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 1 slide outs

Hi, just curious about the main slide outs in the living room/ kitchen.... Is there a way to only have one side slide out instead of both sides? I heard from another forum that the knobs in the propane compartment that twist are just for this situation.... There will be times were I work that I might not have enough room to put both slide outs open due to lack of space..... I was wanting to get more information about this and figured this would be the place to ask. I actually have not taken her out on the first trip yet and wanted to try and work out all the bugs before her first adventure!
    Phil & Crystal
    2019 Solitude 373 FB Fifth Wheel

Yes the valves by the propane cylinder, or in some cases in the front storage, are used to stop a slide from extending. You will have to try the valves to figure out which one does what you want. Be careful not to over tighten the valves whether turning them in or out. You should only need to use one valve.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thats right, the knobs are isolation valves for the solenoids on the hydraulic pump. By default they should all be open so all the slides run when the button is pushed and the pump runs. By using the knobs you can isolate certain slides to control what goes in and out. Unfortunately I do not have first hand experience so I cannot help you with which knob is which, hopefully someone will jump in and help, otherwise a little trial and error should clarify it.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

We have those on our new RV and haven't tried them yet. The dealer tech said they should be used sparingly as they could cause slide out problems. I don't see how that would be the case but since we haven't needed them yet I haven't tried them yet.
        2024 Grand Design Solitude 380FL
        2023 GMC 3500HD Dually Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by ajw1970 View Post
          We have those on our new RV and haven't tried them yet. The dealer tech said they should be used sparingly as they could cause slide out problems. I don't see how that would be the case but since we haven't needed them yet I haven't tried them yet.
          Too bad that technician didn't provide a rationale for that input, ajw1970. It would have been interesting to understand the "why", "what", and "how" using the valve could cause slide out problems. As you stated (and I agree), I wouldn't anticipate that using the bypass valve could cause an issue. My assumption is that there's already be an issue if an owner is trying to lock out a slide from moving!

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

All the valve override does is prevent the valve from opening when its solenoid is actuated. I don't see a problem.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The only reason I could see the valves creating issues would be seal speed. With multiple actuators working at one time, the seals may see higher than anticipated speed, but as loadings change, the slides may change priority. Remember with hydraulics lowest pressure wins.

The only other thing may be the tech has seen debris or possibly leaks in the valve head. Debris gets free'd when cycling the valve. Likewise moving the valve could cause a seal to start weeping.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

When one slide stops, the other will move maximum speed at full flow anyhow. It's a mystery what the tech thinks.
                Last edited by TedS; 09-08-2023, 10:08 PM.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                X