Hydraulic Servicing Schedule Recommendations and Procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Servicing Schedule Recommendations and Procedures

Note: The post below was "buried" in the thread Through Wall Hydraulic Slides Moved While Unhitching. Copied here and marked tagged with Reference Library. Thanks for the info, JBill9694! -Howard

Tuesday, I called Lippert and talked to Brett G. who concurred with the diagnosis of contamination of the hydraulic fluid. Brett provided the attached documents and, as stated in the documents, said that the hydraulic fluid should be changed every 5 years. Review of these documents confirm my suspicion that the oil change and purging is not something I want to do without the proper facilities and equipment. Don't think the RV parks we will be staying in would be too happy about it either. I did do the visual inspection of the fluid in the reservoir and did not see any obvious contamination.

Wednesday was moving day (no problems with tear down, travel, or set up) and as promised I took pictures of the reservoir with jacks and slides extended and retracted. Jlawles2 and TedS were right to call out my diatribe in post 39 and I stand corrected. There was a 2 1/2" change in fluid level. I'm sure that some of you will note that the fluid level with the everything retracted is not to the recommended fill line on the top sticker. My memory on this is clear, I asked about the fluid level after our shakedown cruise almost 5 years ago, and was told by the techs that this is as full as the reservoir needs to be.

Also, there was a previous comment about the size of the tank being small, based on this single data point there is almost three times the required fluid in reserve with the everything extended. This will change with how far the jacks need to be deployed for level.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 10-03-2023, 09:41 AM.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.
Working...
X