Slide harness ripped out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide harness ripped out

We are in Mexico and we blew a tire today. It ripped the wire harness for 2 slide motors out. I fixed one but the other is now missing the connector that connects to the motor. I have enough wire and was just going to hard wire it to the motor till we get back state side but....

The feed wire is 5 wires and the motor has 6. What wires go to what? Do I just leave the purple did connected or?

thanks for any helpClick image for larger version

Name:	20231128_180901.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	124489
    Josh & Cameo
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Some harnesses have four wires, some five. And most motors have six wires. From what I've seen, purple is not used.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I'd look at the other connector and compare.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
        I'd look at the other connector and compare.
        In his picture, I think he is talking about the connector with "15" on it. Even if he removes the outer insulation on the cable I doubt he is going to be able to see the pin/wire configuration on the molded plug. I would think the solution is to remove the outer insulation and stick a needle into each wire then meter it out at the plug pins to determine which color wire goes to which pin. Or, just cut the cable, meter the pins, and reconnect the wires.

last solution would be to meter from the plug at the controller end to the motor end.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Update- ended up connecting the 5 colors that match and left the purple wire free and everything works.

thanks for your responses
          Josh & Cameo
          2019 Reflection 31MB
          2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

Working...
          X