Corrosion on Slide Out Hydraulic Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post
    There’s no saving those rods. That’s more than surface rust. New cylinders are in your future. Find a reputable mobile tech possibly?
    Rich
    I agree with this. I don't think there is a way to economically repair that rod. I would sand down the rust and do my best to get it as smooth as possible to help the seal out. Then go inside and call GD and see if they will replace it. Maybe still under warranty? Even if it is not, that's pretty poor service life for a hydraulic cylinder and maybe they will 'goodwill' you a replacement.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveTheDog View Post
      I have corrosion and pitting on the plating on the hydraulic rod of my slide out. I have tried to keep it coated with dry silicone spray, but it seems to be getting worse. This is a 2021 Solitude 345. What can I do to prevent the rust from spreading? I have attached pictures of the corrosion. We are in Galveston TX, not far from the shore.

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or direction.
      As a side comment to my previous post, being that close to salt water and humidity will also corrode suspension, frame, etc. Keep an eye on all your metal parts.
      Rich

Comment

Working...
      X