slide adjustment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide adjustment question

I have a 2024 Imagine 2970RL that was purchased last July. In December, as I was getting ready to put the trailer into storage for the winter, the passenger side slide was making a lot of noise. I took it into my dealer in January (the earliest they could fit me in) and they said it did not need any adjustments but just needed to be lubricated. I put the trailer into winter storage.
    This past weekend I opened it up to de-winterize and the slide scratched the floor near the door and also near the island. I took it back to the dealer and they claim the slide does not need an adjustment.
    If it is not out of adjustment, how would it have scratched the floor? There is no evidence of sand or debris on the floor. The only thing we saw was bits of plastic from where it was scraped.
    John and Donna traveling with two pups in
    2024 Imagine 2970RL
    2022 Chevy 2500HD Silverado

John and Donna - Call GDRV customer service tomorrow during working hours at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN when you call. They will discuss it with you and issue a case number if your floor needs repair.

Slides scraping the floor are a common occurrence and a minor adjustment can typically remedy help in some circumstances. One thing I'd recommend is that you invest in some floor protection such as Lippert Slide Slickers. They can prevent the kind of damage you're seeing.

https://www.lippert.com/slide-out-slicker-134993

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      John and Donna - Call GDRV customer service tomorrow during working hours at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN when you call. They will discuss it with you and issue a case number if your floor needs repair.

Slides scraping the floor are a common occurrence and a minor adjustment can typically remedy help in some circumstances. One thing I'd recommend is that you invest in some floor protection such as Lippert Slide Slickers. They can prevent the kind of damage you're seeing.

https://www.lippert.com/slide-out-slicker-134993

Jim
      Thanks, Jim.
      It sounds like the dealer is taking care of the floor but I'll know for sure when they open today. I am questioning their comment that the slide doesn't need any adjustments. I know the trailer was level front to back and side to side when I opened it. They were having a senior repair tech look at it last night so hopefully they will figure it out.
      2024 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

In the current RV repair world a "senior tech" could be one that has made it past the 60 day hiring probation.
        I have way too many bad experiences at our "dealer" to ever trust them with my expensive trailer.

Lippert has a very helpful training course online that can teach you how to make slide adjustments.

2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
          In the current RV repair world a "senior tech" could be one that has made it past the 60 day hiring probation.
          I have way too many bad experiences at our "dealer" to ever trust them with my expensive trailer.

Lippert has a very helpful training course online that can teach you how to make slide adjustments.
          I’d agree. I have nearly zero faith in the dealer fixing anything.

The Lippert video is really good.

2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I used the video to make an adjustment on the door side of my 337RLS. When I crawled under it the first thing I noticed was the rear jack bolt on the level adjustment was gone. Not sure if it ever was actually there but it was the main reason the slide was out of alignment. A quick scan through the spare bolt bin yielded a spare I had from a previous hitch. Same thread same length. It was a very satisfying fix since it cost me nothing but time and I really felt like I learned a lot from it.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice.
              as an update, the senior tech did discover they needed to make an adjustment and they are repairing the flooring. They said they were working with Grand Design directly so I didn’t need to. The camper is currently back at the dealer so the floor guy can do his stuff and I’ll get it back in time for the MI Grand Design Rally.
              2024 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Working...
              X