Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out problems on my 2600RB

Ok, so here is what happens

When sliding out the back side hangs up and the front continues to go out...
    I will retract to the full close position and then "help" "Push" the rear when opening again - but only for the first 10 inches could be a little less...then it will go out...NOW the rear will beat the front side out...so the rear will reach the fully extended position...and a second or two later the front will be fully extended.... and it looks normal..

Now when I retract sometimes the rear will hang a little, otherwise it comes in kind of angled slightly...when it reaches the retracted postion one side will finish then the other. .

I cannot find anywhere on the slide where it is hanging up... no broken rubber... The slides are lubricated with the correct stuff.

I am at a loss....unless it is a sign of a weak motor...which is all I can come up with.

Any thoughts?
    Is there any troubleshooting I can do to determine what the problem is?

Update: so when I retract the front side hangs up and the rear works normally. I tried to re-sync the motors but that doesnt work.

thanks

Chris
    Last edited by dohertycm; 07-16-2020, 05:29 PM.
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

I believe this is a Schwintek slide out. You can tell if it has the gear tracks on the side of the slide out. It may be out of synchronization. Let try this before we help you with deeper trouble-shooting.

1. Run your slide all the way in and hold the button for 10 seconds after it's seated.
    2. Then run it all the way out (assist if needed) and hold the button for 10 seconds after it reaches the full out position.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times.

If this solves the problem, the slide was out of syncro. It's very important on this type of slide to hold the activation button for 5-10 seconds after the slide stops travel. This allows the dual motors to be resyncronized.

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by dohertycm View Post
      Ok, so here is what happens

When sliding out the back side hangs up and the front continues to go out...
      I will retract to the full close position and then "help" "Push" the rear when opening again - but only for the first 10 inches could be a little less...then it will go out...NOW the rear will beat the front side out...so the rear will reach the fully extended position...and a second or two later the front will be fully extended.... and it looks normal..

Now when I retract sometimes the rear will hang a little, otherwise it comes in kind of angled slightly...when it reaches the retracted postion one side will finish then the other. .

I cannot find anywhere on the slide where it is hanging up... no broken rubber... The slides are lubricated with the correct stuff.

I am at a loss....unless it is a sign of a weak motor...which is all I can come up with.

Any thoughts?
      Is there any troubleshooting I can do to determine what the problem is?

Update: so when I retract the front side hangs up and the rear works normally. I tried to re-sync the motors but that doesnt work.

thanks

Chris
      More info here ...https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf

Note I've never done any of these adjustments myself--when I had an issue with the kitchen slide on my 315RLTS I took it in for mx.

(This is just a picture of the first page)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3781.jpg
Views:	3590
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	24504
      Last edited by howson; 07-17-2020, 07:56 AM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        I believe this is a Schwintek slide out. You can tell if it has the gear tracks on the side of the slide out. It may be out of synchronization. Let try this before we help you with deeper trouble-shooting.

1. Run your slide all the way in and hold the button for 10 seconds after it's seated.
        2. Then run it all the way out (assist if needed) and hold the button for 10 seconds after it reaches the full out position.

If this solves the problem, the slide was out of syncro. It's very important on this type of slide to hold the activation button for 5-10 seconds after the slide stops travel. This allows the dual motors to be resyncronized.

Jim

The 2600rb's have a manual rack and pinion slide (see picture below from my 2600rb). I don't have a solution to the problem but my guess is that it needs a slight adjustment. I believe there are 2 or 3 points of adjustment.

Name:	slide.jpg
Views:	4694
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	24503
        Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post

The 2600rb's have a manual rack and pinion slide (see picture below from my 2600rb). I don't have a solution to the problem but my guess is that it needs a slight adjustment. I believe there are 2 or 3 points of adjustment.

Name:	slide.jpg
Views:	4694
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	24503
          Hmmm...pictures online clearly show a Schwintek.

What year is your 2600RB, dohertycm ?

From GD's website:

Name:	2021 2600RB.JPG
Views:	4057
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24506
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard - It looks like it was a change. On older models, I'm seeing the Schwintek mechanism. On newer units, it's the traditional through frame design from Lippert that Charles points to. I'd suggest that Chris (original poster) identify which type he has based on the photos above, or take a picture and we can ID it.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hmmm...pictures online clearly show a Schwintek.

What year is your 2600RB, dohertycm ?

From GD's website:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021 2600RB.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	24506
              The picture you posted is not a 2600rb. Not sure what model that is. 2600rb's have 1 street side slide that contains the dinette and theater/couch seating with the door towards the rear of the trailer. The picture you posted is a curb side slide with a mid door.
              Charles and Susan
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
                Greetings again Jim, this is a general question not directly related to the OP question, however, I’ve not practiced the 5-10 second synchronization/resynchronization procedure since owning my 2250RK for the last 10 months. Thankfully I’ve had no issues with the slide operation.

Is this procedure recommended only if the slide is out of whack or each time the slide is operated in order to help it stay synchronized?

Much thanks!

Dave
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post

The picture you posted is not a 2600rb. Not sure what model that is. 2600rb's have 1 street side slide that contains the dinette and theater/couch seating with the door towards the rear of the trailer. The picture you posted is a curb side slide with a mid door.
                  Well, dang. I just double-checked and the picture I posted is from Grand Design's website gallery for the 2600RB. You're right...I didn't note the slide/door orientation.. The point of reposting is to show the source (and why Jim and I are confused).

GDRV-Megan and/or GDRV-Emily -- the wrong picture is in the gallery for the 2600RB.

Name:	GD Website.JPG
Views:	3450
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24520

Comment

ckreef
                    Upon further investigation...there's the tell-tale slide mechanism...thanks for posts!

dohertycm I'll update the reference in post #2 (again).

Name:	2600RB Slide.JPG
Views:	3414
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24522

Comment

Mine looks exactly like this one.

I did try the sync procedure and it did not work.

I am at a loss...

Just to reiterate ... during extension the rear hangs up.... during retraction the front hangs up... once I get it going it will retract fully and extend fully.
                      I dont see any broken teeth, no unusual wear marks and no rubber chewing.

The picture is i noticed is not a 2600RB but the rails and placement are the same. I dont have the bars underneath with the teeth.
                      2021 Reflection 295RL
                      2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

Comment

Originally posted by dohertycm View Post
                        Mine looks exactly like this one.

I did try the sync procedure and it did not work.

I am at a loss...

Just to reiterate ... during extension the rear hangs up.... during retraction the front hangs up... once I get it going it will retract fully and extend fully.
                        I dont see any broken teeth, no unusual wear marks and no rubber chewing.

The picture is i noticed is not a 2600RB but the rails and placement are the same. I dont have the bars underneath with the teeth.
                        Sheesh.

OK, well, at least we know for a fact that on YOUR 2600RB the slide is a Schwintek.

Note LCI's manual has a slightly amended procedure for syncing--did you follow it?

There are inspections you can do in the Troubleshooting Guide: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001771.pdf

The Service Manual has the syncing procedure: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001769.pdf

Can you confirm you followed the procedure as outlined in the manual (before any further steps are taken)?

Click image for larger version  Name:	sync.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	24543

Comment

That is a change in how to sync the rooms Howard. Thanks for that!

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Well, dang. I just double-checked and the picture I posted is from Grand Design's website gallery for the 2600RB. You're right...I didn't note the slide/door orientation.. The point of reposting is to show the source (and why Jim and I are confused).

GDRV-Megan and/or GDRV-Emily -- the wrong picture is in the gallery for the 2600RB.

Name:	GD Website.JPG
Views:	3450
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24520
                            My best guess is that is a 2670mk. We're looking at the curb side kitchen slide with the door just forward of that.
                            Charles and Susan
                            Andersen Hitch
                            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

UPDATE

So I tried the reset procedure HOWSON as you provided. It did not work. Infact it got worse. The slide will not even close all the way now. The front stays out about an inch and a half.

I am still at a loss on this... could the controller be bad? The motors seem to work fine and since they both catch at some point I can tell if it is because the slide is crooked or if something is binding... but I cant find anything that is binding..

Is there a way to manually work the system?
                              Is there a way to fully reset the controller?
                              2021 Reflection 295RL
                              2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

Comment

Working...
                              X