Slide out problems on my 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
    dohertycm TucsonJim Guest howson Country Campers As a thought, if I can explain it well, could the problem develop originally from the slide being out of adjustment fore and aft where it could put uneven pressure on the wall inside going one way, outside the other? I had a slide once that was tight on one end and out about an inch on the other. I adjusted the slide to be even on both ends and no longer had an issue with binding. Not quite the same thing but close. I am thinking if the issue returns it may be a good idea to check the positioning of the slide and see if one side contacts before the other over time if the sync does not hold. Not sure if I made this thought clear?

​​​​​​​Dave
    Dave,

For Schwintek:

Drag via mechanical issues, electrical issues or simply the operator not holding the button down for 5-10 seconds as Tuscon has stated can cause issues. My slide never worked well where it would stay in sync but would operate slowly. When the left side motor finally bit the dust, a new motor was installed and I could not believe how fast it operated. Add the lithium power and its very fast.

So a slow operating system or a system that has so much friction or lack of torque on one motor can be an indicator of a future issue.

For operation, the system counts edges of an hall effect encoder in each motor and when in sync will slow down one motor to remain aligned. With issues on one motor, the controller will work to keep them aligned but eventually will just shut down if it cannot control.

So I keep a spare motor, harness and two slide locks in my rig as insurance.

Hope this helps,

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Guest Jim, thanks for that education on the Schwinteck slides. I better understand them now, they seem simple yet complex and reliable when properly maintained, synced and operated. I learned to like spares during the days of off shore sail boats.

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Dave,

For Schwintek:

Drag via mechanical issues, electrical issues or simply the operator not holding the button down for 5-10 seconds as Tuscon has stated can cause issues. My slide never worked well where it would stay in sync but would operate slowly. When the left side motor finally bit the dust, a new motor was installed and I could not believe how fast it operated. Add the lithium power and its very fast.

So a slow operating system or a system that has so much friction or lack of torque on one motor can be an indicator of a future issue.

For operation, the system counts edges of an hall effect encoder in each motor and when in sync will slow down one motor to remain aligned. With issues on one motor, the controller will work to keep them aligned but eventually will just shut down if it cannot control.

So I keep a spare motor, harness and two slide locks in my rig as insurance.

Hope this helps,

Jim
        Jim, did you purchase the slide motor and harness direct from Lippert? Or some other source? Thanks! Thinking that's not a bad idea.
        Mike and Rebecca
        2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
        2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post

Jim, did you purchase the slide motor and harness direct from Lippert? Or some other source? Thanks! Thinking that's not a bad idea.
          Mike,

I ordered the parts online from CamperiD. Its been a while so it may be best to check around on the best pricing. Here is an example where you want to be sure to check on the part number. Check out the Amazon price!

https://www.camperid.com/lippert/in-...specifications

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Wall-S...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-23657...0S2ICOO2&psc=1

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Jim

That one Amazon price is really low, can that be true?

I would think at that price , $90, I would have 2 of those as spares.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Jim

That one Amazon price is really low, can that be true?

I would think at that price , $90, I would have 2 of those as spares.

Brian
              Brian,

I believe the one may be an aftermarket model and the other a Lippert. Yes at that price it would be worth a try. Especially with a 3 year warranty!

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X