No announcement yet.

Slide out not working, only clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueDuck the can adjustment is easy as described. I hope it works for you.
    ​​Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

• Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Jlawles2 Hi Joseph,

A solution to getting the slide moving outward might be to use “Slide Slickers”. I have been using these for years. I pull the slide in about 4” and then jam the strips as far as I can, in under the slide ends. The slide then rides on these, protecting the floor . . . but, maybe also covering the divot that you may have ?

Rob
      I use those on the rollers on the kitchen. On the sofa side, i would need to put them at the outer edge of the slide wall.

I've though about trying to shove kydex plates in there or an AL strip for support.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

i would need to put them at the outer edge of the slide wall.
        That is exactly where I place them for the curb side slide.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I have not seen inside the can yet but I am guessing that there is a nut that needs to be moved. The process you are explaining is how I would do it. Also worth noting to NOT hold the button when retracting or extending this type of slide for too long, one or 2 clicks is all that is needed.

Brian
          My reaction time isn’t that fast 🙄

Comment

Jlawles2 I pull the slide in about 4” and then jam the strips as far as I can, in under the slide ends.

Rob
            Do you wedge them under a j-roller or does the slide ride up and onto the slicker?

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              Do you wedge them under a j-roller or does the slide ride up and onto the slicker?
              The “ski” on the underside of the slide box end rides up on the slide slicker strip.

Rob

Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The “ski” on the underside of the slide box end rides up on the slide slicker strip.

Rob
                Hmmm. I'll need to investigate in the spring. I'm not sure what you mean by 'ski'. I thought the slide 'rolled' on those wide rollers.
                2021 303RLS

Comment

• The "stop can" adjustment did not work for me. I worked with the dealer and will get the 295RL in for service in a few weeks, most likely after a trip south in mid Jan. With the can completely backed of and bringing the slide in until the bulb seal is properly compressed on the kitchen slide, it would still ratchet when trying open.

For what it's worth - I did capture some data that might be helpful to others. I marked off the can in 90 degree rotation marks. I measured the distance to the wall and determined that a 1/4 rotation of the can results in 1/16" movement of the can.

I'll report back after the extended warranty service work.
                  David & Debra
                  2021 Reflection 295RL150 Series
                  2022 Ford F-350, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel, 5th wheel prep, OEM B&W Slider

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Hmmm. I'll need to investigate in the spring. I'm not sure what you mean by 'ski'. I thought the slide 'rolled' on those wide rollers.
                    The curb side slide (dining table and recliners) does not have rollers. It slides on a plastic rub strip, to keep it as low to the main floor as possible. (Later models that actually drop down when extended may have rollers . . . I'm not sure about this). Most of the weight of the slide box seems to be carried by the ends of the box and the plastic corner trim "skis" . . . although I do see wear strips on the underside of the slide box . . . not sure what causes these.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueDuck View Post
                      The "stop can" adjustment did not work for me. I worked with the dealer and will get the 295RL in for service in a few weeks, most likely after a trip south in mid Jan. With the can completely backed of and bringing the slide in until the bulb seal is properly compressed on the kitchen slide, it would still ratchet when trying open.

For what it's worth - I did capture some data that might be helpful to others. I marked off the can in 90 degree rotation marks. I measured the distance to the wall and determined that a 1/4 rotation of the can results in 1/16" movement of the can.

I'll report back after the extended warranty service work.
                      Greetings David!

I was having the same issues with my curbside slide. After trouble shooting the slide and can adjustments, the tech at Lippert suggested replacing the actuator. I reluctantly did so, but it solved the problem. Maybe they had some actuator issues for our year trailers. Now the drivers' side is starting the same thing. I'll try the adjustments again, but will likely end up being the actuator again.

I'm glad you have extended warranty coverage. I do also, but could not get scheduled for 6 months, so I ordered a OEM Lippert replacement actuator without the motor on Amazon did it myself.

Good luck!

Erik
                      Erik & Tea
                      2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                      2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
                      ProPride hitch

Comment

• Slides not working are my biggest fear when traveling. I had troubles with them on both my Tiffin and Newmar motorhomes.
                        Raymond and Dee Dee
                        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

• reubenray

Raymond,

Those were likely Schwintek, ya? The rack and pinion gears on the larger slides are much more robust, but if they won't open or close under power, make sure to read your manual before trying to crank them manually. It is very easy when done correctly. If not done correctly the rods used to extend the crank bolts can easily break where they are pinned to the bolt (experience there).

Also, it seems when the slide won't start to extend, whether from needing adjustment or a new actuator, about 1 manual turn on the bolt will often allow the motor to engage without the clutch slipping, and will extend the rest of the way under power.

A good plan if concerned with the slide is read and re-read the manual section on slides, in advance of needing to extend it in thew dark and rain, and practice it a time or 2 at home.

Erik
                          Erik & Tea
                          2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                          2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
                          ProPride hitch

Comment

• Originally posted by Popga View Post
                            reubenray

Raymond,

Those were likely Schwintek, ya? The rack and pinion gears on the larger slides are much more robust, but if they won't open or close under power, make sure to read your manual before trying to crank them manually. It is very easy when done correctly. If not done correctly the rods used to extend the crank bolts can easily break where they are pinned to the bolt (experience there).

Also, it seems when the slide won't start to extend, whether from needing adjustment or a new actuator, about 1 manual turn on the bolt will often allow the motor to engage without the clutch slipping, and will extend the rest of the way under power.

A good plan if concerned with the slide is read and re-read the manual section on slides, in advance of needing to extend it in thew dark and rain, and practice it a time or 2 at home.

Erik
                            The Lippert controller is the same that was in the Tiffin. I had to several times get on the phone and push buttons while laying flat on my back with it. I had a broken gear on the Newmar slideout that had to be replaced.

What get's me with the slideout instruction is where it says "DO NOT hold the slide room switch past the point the
                            room is fully extended/retracted or damage may occur.​" Then in the next paragraph it says " For the weather seals to be effective, the slideout room MUST be completely extended/retracted.​" How exactly would I know if I do this. I push the button until it stops.
                            Last edited by reubenray; 12-24-2023, 06:55 AM.
                            Raymond and Dee Dee
                            2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                            2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

• Originally posted by Popga View Post
                              but could not get scheduled for 6 months, so I ordered a OEM Lippert replacement actuator without the motor on Amazon did it myself.
                              Must be frustrating after being convinced of the value of an extended warranty by the salesman, so you pony up the $ for it only to have wait times basically force you to fix it yourself anyway. Will they at least pay for the part?

2021 303RLS

Comment

• Country Campers
                                Looking at your forensic pictures of the actuator. I'm have a hard time determining what/where the clutch actually is. When the slide is at the end of movement and you get that clank, clank, clank before your reaction time gets your finger off the switch. where is that noise coming from?
                                2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                                X