Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310GK Bed side

Hi All -
    We are looking at the 310GK. All of the models we have seen in person have the King bed option. I use a CPAP at night (and like a side table). The pictures that i have seen seem all to be king sized bed. The question is, "How large is the side table with the Queen bed?". In addition, what solutions have you seen Cpap users implement for both space and offgrid power.
    thanks in advance

Brian

GDRV-Emily

Hi Brian - Welcome to the brand new forum. This site is just getting started and hasn't officially rolled out yet. So I tagged Emily Stahley so we know that GDRV will see it.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

BJSweeney I will get that info for you asap. As far as the other options for CPAP and off grid power, that would definitely be a question for other owners to answer!

Comment

We have a king bed and my wifes CPAP sits on the floor next to/under the bed. I put a 12v plug in the closet and use a 12v to 24v adapter. (Lots of power loss using an 12v to 120v inverter since the unit is really only 24v DC) I tied into the closet light for power. 4+ years and no problems.

It would be nice if GD put a 12v dedicated plug in the bedroom just for this purpose.
        Jim (& Sharon)
        2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
        2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
        The toys:
        2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
        2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by JCR GD View Post
          We have a king bed and my wifes CPAP sits on the floor next to/under the bed. I put a 12v plug in the closet and use a 12v to 24v adapter. (Lots of power loss using an 12v to 120v inverter since the unit is really only 24v DC) I tied into the closet light for power. 4+ years and no problems. It would be nice if GD put a 12v dedicated plug in the bedroom just for this purpose.
          BJSweeney ditto to JCR GD advice. As long as you don't have to read or reach your CPAP regularly for adjustments, there's a perfect space for it on the floor of the bed slide underneath the bed platform.

There's room between the bed platform and the wall to stick a beefy arm down there and turn on/off the machine if you have to do that with yours. I have a double-length hose and installed a bathroom towel hook at the top corner of the headboard so the hose comes from the machine up to the hook and down to me from that hook.

I have not tried running it on 12V power. I unplug the 120V cord from its wall receptacle when we move the slide in/out but the rest of the machine just stays where it is, riding in/out with the slide.
          Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

BJSweeney I heard back from production. The side tables on the queen are 5"x22"

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks All appreciate it. Follow up question: do you feel that you need F350 (diesel) to pull the 310gk or would a 250 do it. The numbers seem right for a 250

Comment

Originally posted by BJSweeney View Post
                Thanks All appreciate it. Follow up question: do you feel that you need F350 (diesel) to pull the 310gk or would a 250 do it. The numbers seem right for a 250
                As you know, we are just kicking off this forum and one of the debates we're having is whether will will allow discussions on tow vehicles or hitches. I'm sure you can imagine the potential liability if erroneous information was given. So let me state that even though your F250 might be able to pull that 310GK, it will probably be limited on Payload capacity to handle the pin weight. So I'd recommend that you do your research on the payload of your truck. If you would like to discuss this further, send me a private message with your email address and we can discuss it off line.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie

Comment

BJSweeney send me a PM, I have a 310GK and F350.
                  Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    ...one of the debates we're having is whether will will allow discussions on tow vehicles or hitches. I'm sure you can imagine the potential liability if erroneous information was given.
                    Hi Jim

I don't want to totally derail this thread but I felt compelled to comment on this statement. Aside from the fact that this policy would eliminate half the threads on an RV forum :-) ...it would also open a huge can of worms. If discussions about non-GDRV products (e.g tow vehicles and hitches) aren't allowed, how can you allow discussions on electrical issues, tires, brakes, suspension, axles, etc that are related to GDRV products?

I totally understand why GDRV employees would refrain from commenting on some issues for liability reasons, I see no reason why the general public can't. There isn't much point to a public RV forum if anything that could be considered a possible liability issue isn't allowed to be discussed. In today's litigious society, that would prevent us from discussing just about everything. I mean, there was a warning label on my recliner for crying out loud!

-Brian
                    Brian & Kellie
                    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Brian I agree with you 100% and think that the topic is hard to avoid on a RV forum. New or potential owners come looking to the experienced owners for advice so they don't make a mistake. I guess we can just suggest to anyone that asks is tow with a Ford DRW and be done with it. Just sayin….. lol
                      p.s. I will of course honor the rules of this great new forum, just having a little fun.
                      Last edited by Txfivver; 06-22-2019, 04:37 PM.
                      Jeff
                      2019 Solitude 375 RES
                      2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

We're trying to influence GDRV to allow at least some links to informative sites. But some of the key players are out for a while. Bear with us while we work through this one. And we really appreciate your thoughts on the topic.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Okay- didn’t know this was going to be landmark case for the new site. There are plenty of places that I can ask this question, but I ask those who are thinking through the rules to consider the “complete experience” from owners and prospective owners alike. I have signed many a disclosure in my private and work life. A “hold harmless”’ here would just be another.

Cheers!

Comment

Okay- didn’t know this was going to be landmark case for the new site. T
                            LOL. You're a trend setter now!

Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Hi All -
                              We are looking at the 310GK. All of the models we have seen in person have the King bed option. I use a CPAP at night (and like a side table). The pictures that i have seen seem all to be king sized bed. The question is, "How large is the side table with the Queen bed?". In addition, what solutions have you seen Cpap users implement for both space and offgrid power.
                              thanks in advance

Brian
                              We looked at the 310 also. My wife and I both have sleep apnea, We finally purchased the Solitude S-Class 2930RL with the queen bed. Plenty of bedside table space for our machines, and a very similar layout. If we know we will be off-grid I bring along our Honda 2000 generator, runs all night on a tank of fuel.
                              Last edited by johndebbie; 06-30-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• BJSweeney
                                BJSweeney commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you! We too are avid boondocksers!! I plan to do a nice solar array and plenty of battery power. !
                            Working...
                            X