2020 Imagine 17 MKE Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Imagine 17 MKE Challenges

At the end of the season last year, our slide out began having issues. We took it to the shop and they re-synchronized the motors. We tested it and put it away for the winter.

Now we're having the same issue. Both sides start moving, then one side will stop. After reading some of the discussions, and trying the double-pressing/single-pressing the extend/retract process several times, with no success, I decided to look for the slide controller and the "Slideout Override Access Hole." Unfortunately, I'm 0 for 3.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where the controller is located (I've already checked the obvious locations), and where the slideout access hole can be found.

Thank you!

In my 2021 it was under the Murphy bed. Pull out the drawers
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Thank you! That's right where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Crawford View Post
        Thank you! That's right where it is.
        Just want to welcome you to forum. If you'd like more information on how to get the most from your time here, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Crawford View Post
          At the end of the season last year, our slide out began having issues. We took it to the shop and they re-synchronized the motors. We tested it and put it away for the winter.

Now we're having the same issue. Both sides start moving, then one side will stop. After reading some of the discussions, and trying the double-pressing/single-pressing the extend/retract process several times, with no success, I decided to look for the slide controller and the "Slideout Override Access Hole." Unfortunately, I'm 0 for 3.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where the controller is located (I've already checked the obvious locations), and where the slideout access hole can be found.

Thank you!
          Unless I'm mistaken, Schwintek slides do not have an "override access hole" to enable you to manually crank it. It is part of the "through the frame" slide.
          Mike and (RIP Karen)
          2021 2600RB
          2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Probably a long shot, but have you checked that the lower gear on the side that stops isn't snagging some carpet, insulation or similar? We had a similar one-side issue some weeks ago & feared it was a more complicated problem, turned out the gear didn't like to turn very much when bound up with material!
            2021 Reflection 260RD & 2021 F-250

Comment

I had the same issue with my 22mle. Frustrated for over a year. Took it back to the dealer for a second time and had them look at the motor wiring. Sure enough, the wire harness of the front motor was rubbed and would short out. They replaced the motor and rerouted the harness so it won't rub again. No issue so far.

John....
              John and Lori
              2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
              2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
              X