Slide Out Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Out Stabilizers

I just bought my first RV and probably read too much about all the things that can go wrong.
    Does anybody use slide out stabilizers? Does anybody experience slide out sag that impedes operation of the slide,

I have never used slide stabilizers. My slides pull up tight to the walls. I could imagine trailer rocking and the slide stabilizers putting a load on the walls. Not what I want to have happen.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by J and K Petersen View Post
      I just bought my first RV and probably read too much about all the things that can go wrong.
      Does anybody use slide out stabilizers? Does anybody experience slide out sag that impedes operation of the slide,
      They are a bad idea, and Lippert (the maker of the slides) specifically recommends against them. As the rig settles, they can start to lift the slide too much and cause them to come off the tracks.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I agree with all of the above, just say NO.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks to all for the input. I'll take a pass.

Comment

Here is a video from a major retailer talking about slide out stabilizers, basically saying they are a bad idea
            https://youtu.be/_fuXlrOrLH8?t=850
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
            X