Question- Purpose for these wires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jfaries View Post
    After sending pictures to Grand Design and getting a request for additional pictures. This is their response:

These 2 red wires are magnets for your brakes and the black wire in your photo should be connected to this loop as well. Thank you for sending the additional photos. I have confirmed that these wires are properly connected.
    Those are the break wiring splices - they are on the font axle correct? On my trailer they are located up in the belly.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1428s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	108891 Same splice on my trailer located above coroplast over the front axle drivers side. The pair of white wires with the foam insulation on them run down to the front axle. The red sheath wire in background runs back to the second axle. Blue is power to magnet, white is negative return line to battery/ ground. Red sheath in foreground comes from pin box. On concern I have is the 3M connectors are not totally water proof as far as I know.

On edit - I suspect the black wire in your photo post #12, comes from the breakaway switch and is hot only when the switch is activated providing power to the brakes. On my trailer it ties in at the pin box, but I have a 5th wheel.
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
    X