Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

390RKR I have to set my brake gain at 9 with this trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 390RKR I have to set my brake gain at 9 with this trailer.

I hope this is a common problem that is just a wiring issue.

Have you checked your brakes? Maybe they need adjusting?
    Jim & Kathy
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

As mentioned you may need to have them adjusted. Start here, then move onto the following.

Have the hubs inspected to see if the electrical connection to the magnets is good. one test is to use a compass and have someone apply the brakes. If the magnets are working the compass will swing. There have been a few reports of the electrical connections on the axles not being the best and possibly not making proper connection.

If you find all the magnets working you will need to have the drums removed and inspected for grease from a leaking seal. Grease then contaminates the brake linings making the ineffective.

Sometimes you can get under the unit and see the grease on the back side of the drums.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by kmboal View Post
        I hope this is a common problem that is just a wiring issue.
        Not much to go on? Is this a hew trailer? How far are you from the factory? Have you preformed the brake burn in (seating) procedure? It involves a series of hard stops from 40 mph, but I will let the experts fully describe it..

Please see the welcome letter and complete your signature. It really helps us help you.

Welcome to the Forum and safe travels
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Trailer brakes should be manually adjusted and then burnished following the owners manual procedure to reach optimum brake performance. There is another "possibility" . . . if the bearings have been over greased and this grease has pushed past the rear seal, the brake shoes will be coated in grease and will never brake effectively.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My last 3 trailers were like this. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210511_135254_7393.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	114873
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
            X