Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lippert Tire Linc System - Do I have the Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Tire Linc System - Do I have the Parts?

This is my first post and I hope I have this in the correct sub - forum (said no one else before, lol).

I am looking to for feedback from anyone who has experience with the Lippert Tire Linc system and can tell me what the actual TPMS sensors look like. My dealer and I are arguing because I don't think the dealer installed them.

I just took delivery of my 2023 Reflection 297RSTS. It is supposed to come with the Lippert Tire Linc TPMS system. I can see that the dealer installed the Bluetooth Repeater device in the passthrough bay, and I have a box with the screen that goes in my truck. But I don't see the actual TPMS sensors that go on the valve stems. I have green valve stem caps that say TPMS. The dealer is trying to convince me that those green caps (and when I say valve stem caps, that is exactly what they look like) are the TPMS sensors. The problem is, I can't pair them to the Repeater. My research tells me that the actual TPMS sensors look a little like donuts that screw on to the valve stems. Who is right? Thank you.
    Timothy (Tim)
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    Travel Trailer

Mine came with the black sensors like in the link below. I have the green caps I took off the valve stems to put the sensors on. Maybe they are already on the wheels?

https://www.campingworld.com/lippert...c&gclsrc=3p.ds
    Nels & Vanessa
    2022 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
      This is my first post and I hope I have this in the correct sub - forum (said no one else before, lol).

I am looking to for feedback from anyone who has experience with the Lippert Tire Linc system and can tell me what the actual TPMS sensors look like. My dealer and I are arguing because I don't think the dealer installed them.

I just took delivery of my 2023 Reflection 297RSTS. It is supposed to come with the Lippert Tire Linc TPMS system. I can see that the dealer installed the Bluetooth Repeater device in the passthrough bay, and I have a box with the screen that goes in my truck. But I don't see the actual TPMS sensors that go on the valve stems. I have green valve stem caps that say TPMS. The dealer is trying to convince me that those green caps (and when I say valve stem caps, that is exactly what they look like) are the TPMS sensors. The problem is, I can't pair them to the Repeater. My research tells me that the actual TPMS sensors look a little like donuts that screw on to the valve stems. Who is right? Thank you.
      It's possible your 297RSTS may have banded sensors. In other words, the sensor is connected / secured in the wheel. The green cap is definitely not the external sensor. See https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0004081.pdf for the TIre Linc 2.0 GD owner's manual. (The manual doesn't mention the banded sensors.)

The only way to know for sure what your trailer's configuration should be is to call Grand Design Customer Service (# on home page of this forum) and ask. Have your VIN handy as the CS Rep will need it to research your trailer's configuration.

Howard

P.S. It's also possible the sensors are in a drawer or somewhere in the trailer. Ask the GDCS Rep about that possibility, too.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Every month or two, the forum moderators get an update from GDRV production on the latest changes for each product line. We received an update in April of this year that the Reflection line was proto-typing the banded TPMS on a couple of units. Since you just received your 2023 model, it certainly looks like the TPMS devices are contained in the tire/wheel assemblies. These units are from Lippert. Here is a link to their specifications:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0007698.pdf

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim, Thanks. The longer version of the story is that we were trying to sync the sensors to the trailer section of the infotainment of my son's 2023 GMC Sierra 1500. We bought a TPMS training tool from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XJSK8K...roduct_details) but couldn't get them to sync. I was finally able to set up Compass Connect on my iPhone yesterday. The app sees the repeater box, but not the individual sensors. This leads me to believe I am supposed to have the "donut" sensors that attach to the exterior of the valve stem. What you say, though, syncs with the dealer.

At this point, I will be happy with getting the sensors synced with the Repeater Box and then with the Lippert Monitoring screen. At least then I know they are working. If I can get that far, then I can try again to sync with my son's truck. My son and I are guessing that, if the sensors are in the tires, their Bluetooth signal is not strong enough to reach to the cab of his truck. Hence the repeater box. Maybe if the repeater box and sensors are synced, we will be able to get the truck synced finally. Who knows.

I think my best option now is to reach out to GDRV with my VIN and see what they say. Thanks again.
          Timothy (Tim)
          2023 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
          Travel Trailer

Comment

TucsonJim,

I think my best option now is to reach out to GDRV with my VIN and see what they say. Thanks again.
            Since these are Lippert devices, you might have better luck with their customer support personnel. They are awesome from what I hear.

574-537-8900

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

The banded tire sensor will NOT link to the tow vehicles system to display tire pressure, you will need the manufacturer's tire sensors , chevy, dodge, ford, etc, installed into the wheels on the RV to use the onboard tire pressure monitor system in the tow vehicle. Early on the banded tire pressure sensors did have issues connecting to the app or display, call Lippert as suggested above and they will be the best help for you.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have the banded sensors, repeater and monitor with my new Solitude. Unfortunately, the system has performed very poorly for me. During the first hour of usage, the we had multiple tires drop off and reconnect. Every time this happens, the monitor starts beeping which is quite annoying while driving. After eight instances of dropping in less than 50 miles, I turned it off. I'll probably go back to my old TST sensors and monitor.
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

My Tirelinc parts went in the trash when I got my new truck and had the GM sensors installed on the trailer wheels. I feel like I wasted hours of my life dealing with that mess. I find it disappointing that GD is still using this epically flawed system.
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I had that exact setup and wondered the same thing. I vaguely remembered the tech say something about banded and it turns out that's what it was. I think the green caps are just plastic decoration/info. Part of the process was to take the box with the LCD screen on it and put it on the sidewall that is opposite to the valve stem and hold down the sync button. I wasn't able to get both the app on the phone and the LCD box connected at the same time. It seemed like every time I had the app connected to it, I had to start the process all over again on the LCD box, so I'll just deal with the LCD box for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X