Re-routing sewer pipe blocking spring hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-routing sewer pipe blocking spring hanger

I want to re-route my 376-THS sewer pipe because it currently blocks the spring hanger and prevents me from installing a Morryde X-factor cross brace. The attached picture shows the view looking up from below where you can see the left rear hangar and the sewer pipe going up into the coroplast. The question is what happens to the pipe behind the coroplast? If it turns in laterally towards the center of the rig and then up into the tank, then this probably isn't feasible because the drop-down from the tank outlet will still be in the way. But if the tank outlet is not in line between the left and right hangars, then maybe this could work. Anyone know?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-19 130238.png
Views:	172
Size:	864.3 KB
ID:	123853
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tophermiller View Post
    I want to re-route my 376-THS sewer pipe because it currently blocks the spring hanger and prevents me from installing a Morryde X-factor cross brace. The attached picture shows the view looking up from below where you can see the left rear hangar and the sewer pipe going up into the coroplast. The question is what happens to the pipe behind the coroplast? If it turns in laterally towards the center of the rig and then up into the tank, then this probably isn't feasible because the drop-down from the tank outlet will still be in the way. But if the tank outlet is not in line between the left and right hangars, then maybe this could work. Anyone know?​
    I think that's the main drain line for all three of the tanks in your 376THS. Moving that line (while retaining the minimum required slope for drainage, etc) could prove quite challenging. Only way to know for sure is to pull down the coroplast and take a look.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There are two methods commonly used for strengthening the spring hangers. MorRyde X-Factor braces and welding V-clips into the hangers. If it were my unit that I was reinforcing, I'd add V-clips on the hangers in question, and then use either X-factor braces or V-clips on the other hangers.

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Tophermiller View Post

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-19 130238.png
Views:	172
Size:	864.3 KB
ID:	123853
        As mentioned the only way to know is drop the coroplast. If you undo for several feet each side of the pipe you should get a good view. Morryde does make a drop down x-factor unit. I think it is a 3 or 4" drop. Give Morryde a call.
        Keith

I just had a thought. Depending on what you find, you might be able to use 2- 45 degree fittings as a method to offset and have the drop down Xfactor fit.
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The pipe on my trailer was also in the way. It comes out more forward than the picture, but they ran it next to the rear shackle bolt (1" clearance from the grease nipple). I cut it a couple of inches down from the coroplast, and used 45* fittings to offset it more towards the center of the trailer. This gives me about 6" of clearance now from the shackle bolt and the pipe. There is no real way to route the pipe to gain more lateral clearance, and looking at the x-factor, suspect if I go that way, I will need the drop down brackets.

I didn't pull the coroplast down because I didn't want to get that deep into it, unless I had to. I would guess that if you pull the coroplast down, and they have not glued the 45* or 90* bend off the tank right at the tank that points down, than you may be able to run the line above the coroplast and exit further aft if there is nothing in the way, and you can put support brackets along the way.
          2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
          2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

As mentioned the only way to know is drop the coroplast. If you undo for several feet each side of the pipe you should get a good view. Morryde does make a drop down x-factor unit. I think it is a 3 or 4" drop. Give Morryde a call.
            Keith

I just had a thought. Depending on what you find, you might be able to use 2- 45 degree fittings as a method to offset and have the drop down Xfactor fit.
            Keith
            Here is a picture of the tan connection on my unit. Depending on what is in the way you can cu and add a section to it to move it forward.

Name:	IMG_1318s.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	124073 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0423s.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	124074
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X