Tpms - Tire Linc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tpms - Tire Linc

I learned a couple of weeks ago that the reason my Tom’s wasn’t working right was because 2023 &2024 grand design Reflections have sensors inside tires . Green valve stem caps that normally let you know that tires have nitrogen in them are what let’s you know the internal sensors are there.
    Got in touch with Lippert and they said I needed an updated repeater which they sent to me. I received it today and was going to connect to it on phone and could not.Contacted Lippert again and when starting the set up process I learned that there is supposed to be a monitor that goes in tow vehicle which I did not get with unit. Contacted GrandcDesign about issue and was told that Lippert didn’t know what they were talking about ,new repeater works with phone and they didn’t know anything about monitors.
    Called Lippert back and was told that the new repeaters will not connect to phones and you have to have a monitor with the internal sensors and to get back in touch with Grand Design and give them the case # and tell them to call Lippert. It will be Monday before I can talk to Grand Design again 5:00 got me., I’ll update later. According to Lippert these monitors are new made for 2023 & 2024 units
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 12-15-2023, 11:23 PM. Reason: Added clarification to the title for the Tire Linc TPMS
    Tim and Betty
    2016 F250 4x4 Anderson 3307 WDH
    2023 Reflection 315 RLTS
    PD5100&Giandel 2200 watt inv.
    Furrion 50amp Solar Controller 370 watt panel

I have the internal sensors in the tires, a repeater mounted in the basement storage area, and the monitor which was in a box in the RV upon delivery.

I charged the monitor and after a lot of struggle, I was able to pair it with the tires. However, I don't think it paired correctly with the repeater. Unfortunately, I can't find any instructions or videos for operating the system as it's configured. I can find videos for the screw on sensors/repeater/phone, but not the system I have.

This is something else I need to get figured out.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yea that’s what I’m trying to do also,get the tpms figured out, will your sensors connect to phone also. Lippert told me the internal sensors won’t work with LCI app

Tim and Betty
      2023 Reflection 315 RLTS

Comment

I will find out more next week and will also get set up instructions when GD or Lippert sends monitor. Our RVwas sent out with the old tpms with screw on sensors and the new internal sensors won’t work with the repeater. When I tried to pair with the new repeater it would not connect to LCI One Control Lippert said you have to use the monitor.
        Just out of curiosity what is the size of your monitor?
        Tim and Betty
        2023 Reflection 315 RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Timsttrv View Post
          Just out of curiosity what is the size of your monitor?
          The outer case is 4" x 2-1/2". The display is 3" x 2". The display is a little bit bigger than my previous TST monitor.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie

Comment

According to the attached document from LCI, the banded sensors will work with a mobile phone.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0007698.pdf
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

The following instructions are for using the system with the monitor.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0004222.pdf
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                According to the attached document from LCI, the banded sensors will work with a mobile phone.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0007698.pdf
                They said that about the stem mounted tire linc system as well. But it was very problematic for a lot of users.
                I'll be interested in your first impressions once you have that 310GK out on the road. Hopefully they sorted out their poor comms/lockup issues.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I read that if you are using the lcd display that it won’t work with the app on a phone . I don’t have the LCD display yet and the new repeater will not connect to tire link in one control app.I put my old repeater back in and it connected to it
                  Tim and Betty
                  2023 Reflection 315 RLTS

Comment

I posted back in May that my TPMS in my new '23 310GK with internal sensors (green stem cap) in Cooper Tires was not functioning. I was on my way from Central FL to Yellowstone and called GD customer service while on the road. On my first call call to GD customer service I actually got connected to a real tech and he told me that the internal sensors were a new configuration and it's very possible they never got installed in the tires/wheels. After getting disconnected traveling thru a cell dead zone I called back and got a regional service rep who told me I had to take my unit to a certified dealer, have the tires dismounted and verified that the internal sensors weren't installed or operational. Obviously not on my travel agenda. Frustrated with GD CS we called Lippert and they sent a full set of external sensors.to a friends house in Cody Wy. where I picked them up and installed them before the final push into the park. They connected with no problem to the original repeater and LCD. They have performed without issue for over 8000 miles since then.
                    Mike & Shirley
                    2023 Solitude 310GK
                    Formerly 2021 Reflection 32MKS
                    2021 F250 King Ranch w/ High Capacity Tow Package and Firestone Air Bags
                    Anderson Hitch

Comment

Were you able to use one control app on your phone along with LCD .
                      Tim and Betty
                      2023 Reflection 315 RLTS

Comment

Working...
                      X