New tire time for f450 225-70-19-5, round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tire time for f450 225-70-19-5, round 2

So here is a funny story. Back in 2021 I shopped and shopped for a really good snow tire to run around the ski resort in Utah in the winter.

I finally decided on the Michelin XDS. Didn't get them installed until mid January. Great snow tire. In 2022 we decided to spend the winter in Florida, primarly to help the kids with their new house. So I have been running all over the dry (no snow) country with these wonderful snow tires. They are very noisy. I even had a dealer examine the truck for noise thinking I might be losing some bearings or CV joints or something. They said nothing wrong, just very noise tires.

I am about 45000 miles into them and noticed that I am getting pretty close to the wear bars, so, new tires will be in order by next summer.

So the research begins anew.

I didn't like the Continental HD3's becuase of wear, chunking, and not great snow traction. But they were quiet.
    I loved the XDS, but they are very noise and apparently don't wear real well.

19.5's are tough to shop for. Just not that much information that I can find.

I still need an all weather tire as we are going back to the ski resort, but this year just for a month, not the whole season.

I am studying these tires:

Goodyear 622 and 647, FUEL MAX ® RSA
    Bridgestone Transforce AT2

Anybody have any success stories for F450 tires?

Should be a no brainer right, just go to your trusty tire store and get new tires. Let the saga begin.... I like to research a bit before spending a few grand, 6 F450 tires are going to cost a bit. My 2019 F450 came with Continental HD3 tires. I had mega issues with them cupping until they where rebalanced and the front end
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

I have used the Transforce AT2, might have been AT3 previously, not on a dually though, and was very satisfied with them. They were a very good all around tire and worked well in the snow.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

19.5"...sheesh. Why did they put those on the 450? Just to make life harder?
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I ran the Transforce AT and HT in 16" rims. AT is a little louder, but much improved traction off the pavement.

https://commercial.firestone.com/en-...transforce-at2
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X