Carrying Two Spare Trailer Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Did someone say IPA AND Alaska in the same post......now we are talking ! Count Carol and me in !

Dan
    Dan, I was just revisiting this thread and has missed this post before. We're heading north to Alaska this next May, and returning in time to attend the national rally. We had planned on doing it last summer, but some pandemic thingy messed up our plans. Hopefully, we'll be able to journey into Canada in May.

I'm in the process of ordering the new winch for this project and had to re-read through Rob and Howard's posts. Does anyone know where I can purchase two 15" six lug Jaguar wheels besides e-Trailer? I've had horrible luck using those guys in the past.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Does anyone know where I can purchase two 15" six lug Jaguar wheels besides e-Trailer? I've had horrible luck using those guys in the past.

Jim
      Hi Jim,

What about the original source . . . LionsHead. https://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Jaguar-Aluminum-Wheel

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Dan, I was just revisiting this thread and has missed this post before. We're heading north to Alaska this next May, and returning in time to attend the national rally. We had planned on doing it last summer, but some pandemic thingy messed up our plans. Hopefully, we'll be able to journey into Canada in May.

I'm in the process of ordering the new winch for this project and had to re-read through Rob and Howard's posts. Does anyone know where I can purchase two 15" six lug Jaguar wheels besides e-Trailer? I've had horrible luck using those guys in the past.

Jim
        Jim - I will have 4 available this spring, plus the spare, Waiting on a GY Endurance sale
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Having had to change out a trailer tire twice for non-catastrophic pressure loss identified by my TPMS (bad valve stem and nail puncture) I was then left with travelling without a usable spare. Add to this that a catastrophic tire loss means that the other tire on the same side is severely overloaded for some length of time . . . travelling with two spares is a good idea. But where to put the second spare? In the truck? On the back bumper of the trailer? Hmmm?

It seemed to me that the best place for the second spare tire would be under the trailer beside the first spare tire. Originally, I planned to go behind the original spare, but this got into interference with one of the slide drive mechanisms, so I ended up moving the first spare over and placing the new one beside it. This does mean that one spare is accessed from the street side rather than the curb side, but this is workable. This does keep both spares in the low-bounce, reasonably well protected, area just behind the axles.

More details in the attached.

Rob

Thank you for this excellent post. We now have two spares. Still need to make the socket lock trick.
          Thanks,
          PineconeNW
          Reflection 297RSTS 2021
          Chevrolet K2500 Duramax LBZ 2007
          https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Comment

Working...
          X