Tire Air Leak, Anomaly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    Here is the link to the soap/glycerin solution for checking leaks https://www.hunker.com/13417536/how-...detection-soap
    • Fill a quart jar with clean water.
    • Measure and add 3 tablespoons of dish detergent. Dawn makes the biggest bubbles per my kids way back when.
    • Add 2 teaspoons of liquid glycerin to make the bubbles last longer, which makes them easier to detect.
    • The solution becomes more effective if you leave it overnight in an open container. In fact, the longer you leave it, the better the bubbles it produces.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    Great! Thank you Keith!
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by howson;n46626

[I
      When I check my tires, I actually submerge them in my swimming pool.[/I] - TucsonJim

I still think Jim's method of immersing his 297RSTS is the most accurate way of looking for an air leak. (Sorry, jim, I couldn't resist!)

Guest -- is it true you took this picture of Jim checking for an air leak on his 297RSTS at the rally?

Click image for larger version Name:	TucsonJim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	46627

Yes, I've had a nip or two of an adult beverage tonight...time for bed!

Howard
      howson Howard,

I ordered a pool. Would anyone want an unused filter?

I've been living in the hospital with my elderly mom and when I get home, there will be quite a few nips. Thinking Guinness.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X