Working w/ minimal parking structure roof clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working w/ minimal parking structure roof clearance

I have an existing RV parking structure attached to our home that was originally built for a smaller trailer. Unfortunately it has a steeply sloping roof that makes it difficult to judge clearances for parking trailer under it. We are very interested in the GD Reflection 315RLTS but unsure if it will fit. We are also looking at the Imagine 2970RL. Two of the things that drew us to these 2 trailers is the main living expansion with all the windows are on the right side and a great rear view window. What I'm hoping to find out is if anyone has run into this issue before and how did you solve it? Has anyone used smaller wheels & tires just for parking under a shelter? Are there any other tricks for lowering the suspension temporarily for parking only? Unfortunately GD does not have a finished rear & side profile view with dimensions to find out if or where conflicts might be. I'm not comfortable just buying a trailer and figuring it out when we get home & try to park it without being reasonably sure it will fit. Raising the roof of parking structure is not really an option as it is somewhat integrated into the house structure. Appreciate any insight from experienced owners. Thanks!

Originally posted by Racqune View Post
    I have an existing RV parking structure attached to our home that was originally built for a smaller trailer. Unfortunately it has a steeply sloping roof that makes it difficult to judge clearances for parking trailer under it. We are very interested in the GD Reflection 315RLTS but unsure if it will fit. We are also looking at the Imagine 2970RL. Two of the things that drew us to these 2 trailers is the main living expansion with all the windows are on the right side and a great rear view window. What I'm hoping to find out is if anyone has run into this issue before and how did you solve it? Has anyone used smaller wheels & tires just for parking under a shelter? Are there any other tricks for lowering the suspension temporarily for parking only? Unfortunately GD does not have a finished rear & side profile view with dimensions to find out if or where conflicts might be. I'm not comfortable just buying a trailer and figuring it out when we get home & try to park it without being reasonably sure it will fit. Raising the roof of parking structure is not really an option as it is somewhat integrated into the house structure. Appreciate any insight from experienced owners. Thanks!
    If you can get accurate measurements of the parking area forum members can provide a reasonable estimate on whether your 315RLTS will fit. While mine is heavily modified (with a MorRyde IS suspension) it is still the same height as originally.

It's not cheap, but a tool that could make it easier to measure both your parking area and prospective campers is a QuickClick Compact Plus Height Stick https://www.truckntow.com/quickclick...o-15-feet.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	TruckNTow.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	77501

Oh--and welcome to the forum! Feel free to fill out your sig line even though you're a "tire kicker". Welcome Letter with full details here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Racqune There are tools such as Howard shows, or you can take PVC pipe and make it the height needed by taping a couple of sections together. Like Howard mentioned someone here should be able to give you the "stock" measurement on their unit to help see if it will fit.

As for generating clearance, is the roof over concrete? If not, is it possible to remove material making it "deeper" If over concrete, can the concrete be removed and lowered? Possibly a "low profile" AC unit if that seems to be the hold up.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working with the GD Reflection 315RLTS, the height is listed as 11' 4", this will be at the AC. As WAG, say the AC is 16" high which leaves a height of 10' at the gutter line. The width of the trailer won't be more than 8' 6" to meet federal and state laws with the AC located on the centerline. This should put the Racqune in the ballpark as far as figuring out if there is an actual problem.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X