Morryde VS Road armor Equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morryde VS Road armor Equalizer

Been looking into upgrading the stock equalizer, haven't found much comparing the morryde and Road armor.

looking for recommedations?
    Justin & Amy

2020 F350 SRW PSD
    2021 GD Imagine 2970RL

Originally posted by BCRving View Post
    Been looking into upgrading the stock equalizer, haven't found much comparing the morryde and Road armor.

Hi Justin! Welcome!

I have the Morryde and I like it. In my opinion, either options is superior to the factory piece. For upgrading I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Probably not much help, but I don't think the difference is significant enough to crown a clear winner between the 2.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

First recommendation is to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

One of the links in the letter is to a thread that gives away the "secret" to searching this forum (use an internet search engine, not this forum's search function).

What I entered into the DuckDuckGo search engine (could be google or Bing, etc) is "Road Armor" site:gdrvowners.com In the list of threads that returned there was one entitled MORryde 3000 Or Lippert Road Armor . Here's a link: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ert-road-armor

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I can not directly answer question on comparing MORryde to Road Armor. I can say the upgrade of either one will most likely exceed your expectations. I upgraded with the MORryde CRE 3000 and it was like putting shocks on the Fifthwheel. The only reason I went with MORryde was show pricing at a Grand Design Rally.
        Retired Tanker Yanker
        2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK - Carlisle CSL 16 225/75 15, MORryde CRE 3000 & center X cross brace, Sumo springs, Andersen Ultimate Hitch 6-Leaf Double-Eye Spring for 4,500-lb Axles
        My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Comment

Welcome BCRving

I recently went down this rabbit hole of 'Which upgrade kit is best' and came to the same conclusion of acoleman43 that either one will be a good choice. For me in the end, it came down to price and availability, and for those two elements the Morryde upgrade 'won'.

Assuming I understand all of this suspension stuff correctly, big assumption there , but it looked like with the Road Armor system, I would have had to use a different shackle length than the OEM system. Whereas with the CRE system, the shackles and measurements of the equalizer were very similar to OEM. Just something to consider, and it may not be a big deal to some, but to me it made sense to stick with something similar when upgrading.

For the record, I haven't installed the Morryde equalizer or shackle kit yet. Both are sitting in my basement waiting for the weather to warm up. Yesterday was 18c so we are certainly on the right track ​​​​​​​
          ​​​​​​
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
            Welcome BCRving

I recently went down this rabbit hole of 'Which upgrade kit is best' and came to the same conclusion of acoleman43 that either one will be a good choice. For me in the end, it came down to price and availability, and for those two elements the Morryde upgrade 'won'.

Assuming I understand all of this suspension stuff correctly, big assumption there , but it looked like with the Road Armor system, I would have had to use a different shackle length than the OEM system. Whereas with the CRE system, the shackles and measurements of the equalizer were very similar to OEM. Just something to consider, and it may not be a big deal to some, but to me it made sense to stick with something similar when upgrading.

For the record, I haven't installed the Morryde equalizer or shackle kit yet. Both are sitting in my basement waiting for the weather to warm up. Yesterday was 18c so we are certainly on the right track
            ​​​​​​
            The CRE3000's added about 1/4 to 1/2" height to my trailer. They fit well with the factory setup. I also added the HD shackles and bushings.

Another good upgrade for our suspension was the Road Master Comfort Ride Shocks. Between the CRE3000 and the shocks our trailer is much more stable and we have had less issue with things falling over in the trailer during travelling.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I did the Road armor and installed the I believe the Morryde upgraded shackles and wet bolt system. I believe I made a good decision. We have seven months in our rig since then and stuff barley moves inside. About the only time we get movement inside is side to side. Tip, install the equalizer, FIRST. Then the shackles. Also installed the Morryde cross member system at the shackle points. Again, do it all at once because the cross member requires a longer wet bolt.
              Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
              TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

BCRving Our trailer came equipped with the morryde 3000. Like acoleman43 , we installed the roadmaster shocks. Night and day difference. Things in cabinets in our rear kitchen arrive "still standing".
                Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
                X