Dexter comes through again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter comes through again

For WIW: Received 4 new upgraded leaf springs and all associated hardware today for our GD Imagine 2250RK. Background: The OEM leaf springs "smile" has transitioned to a horizontal posture over the last 2 years or so. Our local RVIA Certified mobile tech (fantastic tech!) that we have used several times submitted the work to be done under warranty, including pics and a copy of our most recent CAT scale results showing that we are (always have been) under our max weight. Dexter stated that they warranty the axle portion of the suspension but not the springs. As a customer service gesture they would send us the springs (we asked for the next size up, 2000#) and all associated hardware at no charge, including no shipping charge. This is the second time I've delt with Dexter and both times they have gone out of their way to provide excellent customer service.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Dave,

Good to hear that Dexter has taken care of you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
      For WIW: Received 4 new upgraded leaf springs and all associated hardware today for our GD Imagine 2250RK. Background: The OEM leaf springs "smile" has transitioned to a horizontal posture over the last 2 years or so. Our local RVIA Certified mobile tech (fantastic tech!) that we have used several times submitted the work to be done under warranty, including pics and a copy of our most recent CAT scale results showing that we are (always have been) under our max weight. Dexter stated that they warranty the axle portion of the suspension but not the springs. As a customer service gesture they would send us the springs (we asked for the next size up, 2000#) and all associated hardware at no charge, including no shipping charge. This is the second time I've delt with Dexter and both times they have gone out of their way to provide excellent customer service.

I agree good customer service.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
        In my experience that have always been great. With a previous brand trailer the original manufacturer undersized the axles and I was told by DOT that they had to be changed. Manufacturer had gone belly up but Dexter offered replacement axles at a significant discount for owners of that particular brand. $700 for two 6000# easylube axles with brake hardware. For a problem that wasn't even of their making they went out of their way to help.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

My dealings with Dexter were stellar. Had an axle loose the entire hub assembly on maiden voyage with previous trailer. This happened on a Sunday, contacted Dexter Monday, new axles built Tuesday and shipped, Arrived Thursday in west Texas by Fedex (I did have to pick up at the terminal b/c truck departed before they arrived), installed by road repair service, Returned home Friday. Dexter paid for new axles, road repair service, hotel, meals, etc. Between Dexter and the trailer MFG, the trailer was repaired at no cost to me.

When I pulled the remaining 3 hubs apart, the bearing races showed signs of heat.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X