Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for Replacement Suspension Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillinTexas
    replied
    Sumo Springs? I've been happy with their rubber product I have on my truck.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I'm in the process of replacing my 5-1/2 year old MorRyde suspension components and installing an X-Factor brace on the center hanger. While I have the suspension torn apart, I may as well replace the springs.

The axles are LCI 5,200# (2,600# Springs).

Does anyone have advice on on purchasing replacement springs? Should I stick with the Lippert springs, or are there more reliable solutions out there?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim,

A spring shop who uses US produced spring steel and rolled thread U bolts with nuts made for U bolts would be the better option. Its personal preference on the X Factor bracket where the video I captured under my Imagine showed the highest lateral motion is in the center hangers, so that location is most important for the bracket. The rear should have V Clips IMO.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    replied
    And an add-on question. We're seriously contemplating a trip to Alaska in the summer of 2023. Would anyone recommend putting X-factor braces on all three spring hangers, or just the center?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• ncitro
    replied
    TucsonJim I broke one of my Lippert 5200 pound springs in Denver last year. I found a truck shop that got me a replacement from Napa that looked to be much thicker than mine, but it had no markings on it and when I got home I tried to source more from my local Napa and they could not match it. I was leaning towards some replacements from eTrailer that were the same but had more leafs than mine did (thinner leafs but more of them) thinking it might hold up better. Ultimately I decided to have my axles upgraded to Dexter 6,000 pound at the rally as a part of my disc brake upgrade so not any more helpful than that unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    started a topic Source for Replacement Suspension Springs?

Source for Replacement Suspension Springs?

I'm in the process of replacing my 5-1/2 year old MorRyde suspension components and installing an X-Factor brace on the center hanger. While I have the suspension torn apart, I may as well replace the springs.

The axles are LCI 5,200# (2,600# Springs).

Does anyone have advice on on purchasing replacement springs? Should I stick with the Lippert springs, or are there more reliable solutions out there?

Thanks,

Jim
Working...
X