Clear All

Just throwing this out there:

Keeping Your Daydream recently reviewed the Nomad:
    https://youtu.be/XnLcliV94lE?t=1344
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

We have the Char-Broil X200 portable gas grill and the Blackstone 22" griddle. We either bring one or the other or both, depending on the trip.
      2021 Imagine 2400 BH
      2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/ Max Tow

Comment

Originally posted by The_Duke View Post
        We have the Char-Broil X200 portable gas grill and the Blackstone 22" griddle. We either bring one or the other or both, depending on the trip.
        Can the charbroil hook up to the RV propane system? I saw mixed comments on that issues.
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Can the charbroil hook up to the RV propane system? I saw mixed comments on that issues.
          We have never used it that way, but if you did, you would not use the regulator, as the gas from the quick connect is already regulated. I usually carry a spare 20# tank to set up my grill and griddle. You probably need the correct fitting to bypass the regulator, it not as simple as using a hose from 20# tank.. It does run hot, whereas my Weber ran cold, I prefer too hot versus too cold.
          2021 Imagine 2400 BH
          2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/ Max Tow

Comment

those that use pellet grills Cabelas has 20pound bags for 10 bucks a bag I picked up 4 bags, now I have to get a pellet grill Wife looked at the bags and said quote COOL lets get a grill got to love my wife !!!

Comment

We just picked up a Treager Scout and are very satisfied with it. We had a CharBroil Grill2Go 200x for 10 years that we were happy with also, until the regulator took a dump.
              Steve and Connie Mitchell
              Box Elder, South Dakota
              2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins Diesel
              2020 Solitude S Class 2930 RL

Comment

I carry a 22" Blackstone and a Green Mountain Davy Crockett. I love both. I have had the Davy Crockett for 3 years now and its terrific. I use the blackstone when I want to do something quick, and if we are in the site for more than a night or two the Davy Crockett comes out for smoking and grilling. I have done three slabs of ribs in it (cut in half), as well as a whole pork loin, and a brisket (not all of those at once lol). I have the Davy Crocketts big brother the Daniel Boone at home, so I get pellets in bulk from Perfect Mix locally. Get a pallet of 40 pound bags and split it with a buddy for $20 each. I then carry two five gallon buckets full of pellets with the Gamma Seal spin on lid. Water and air tight, so they stay dry in the bed of the truck.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Most of what I've heard about the pellet grills has been good, hoping there will be more posted on this topic as I'm thinking that at some point we'll need to purchase one!
                  Have a very old Weber Q that I purchased in 2006 that still cooks very well - replaced the burner tubes for the second time in 14 years of use this summer and am still impressed with how well the grill functions - but the idea of a grill that burns a pellet of wood that infuses flavor is very intriguing.
                  Chris & Teresa + Naia
                  Chris
                  2019 Solitude 3740BH
                  2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

We use the 17" Blackstone and it works great.
                    Rudy
                    South Dakota
                    2019 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW
                    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      We use the 17" Blackstone and it works great.
                      I can attest to that--Rudy makes a mean omelet on his Blackstone even when it's freezing outside!

Below I think Rudy's contemplating how to get a fresh catch from the Gulf to grill on that Blackstone. (This reminds me--need to look for the grill cover and get it on order, Rudy!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	37878
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I can attest to that--Rudy makes a mean omelet on his Blackstone even when it's freezing outside!

Below I think Rudy's contemplating how to get a fresh catch from the Gulf to grill on that Blackstone. (This reminds me--need to look for the grill cover and get it on order, Rudy!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	37878
                        Love the description of that photo howson !!
                        Andi
                        Brookings SD
                        2018 Reflection 337RLS
                        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

I use the Smoke Hallow. BBQ's and smokes, seriously the best portable pit you can get! We use real wood chips in the smoker side of it. We bought ours on Amazon but they no longer sell it.
                          Masterbuilt 3-Burner Propane Tabletop Gas Grill is ideal for grilling and smoking at home or on-the-go.
                          Josh & Cameo
                          2019 Reflection 31MB
                          2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

I carry a 22" blackstone along with one of two Big Green Eggs (minimax or Large) depending on how many people we are camping with. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3825.jpeg
Views:	678
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	39533We use the miter saw stands from Lowes as tables for the minimax and the blackstone. These tables fold up flat and work very well for this purpose.
                            Brady & Steph
                            2019 Momentum 351m FBP
                            2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
                            *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
                            *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by TheNescios View Post
                              Most of what I've heard about the pellet grills has been good, hoping there will be more posted on this topic as I'm thinking that at some point we'll need to purchase one!
                              Have a very old Weber Q that I purchased in 2006 that still cooks very well - replaced the burner tubes for the second time in 14 years of use this summer and am still impressed with how well the grill functions - but the idea of a grill that burns a pellet of wood that infuses flavor is very intriguing.
                              Chris & Teresa + Naia
                              I love our wood pellet grill. In combination with the Blackstone, it rings every bell. I will tell you that I had a total nightmare with Traeger, requiring a bunch of part replacements and then a total replacement and then a buy back from the company. It was not a pleasant experience. I know other folks love their Traegers but I am betting they are not new. The company sold out to China a few years ago and product as well as customer service went down substantially.

OTOH, we bought a RecTeq after the Traegers and could not be more pleased. It holds temp on a 14 hour cook to within one degree and makes the "most bestest" food ever. Customer service is truly spectacular 7 days a week. They give you the founder's and general manager's personal phone number when you buy one in case you have an issue. The product makes a newbie like me a grill master. We are spending the summer in one spot this year and I will have a RecTeq RT340 and our 22" Blackstone setup for the whole time. Keep your Weber for hot/fast cooks and searing along with the pellet grill or toss it and buy a Blackstone.

Fire up a smoker at your campsite and see who gets popular real quick

-jeff
                              Last edited by JeffC; 01-07-2021, 11:58 AM.
                              2017 310GK

Comment

One more vote for the Green Mountain Grills Davey Crockett. I have that and a Weber Q1200 modified with quick disconnect (QD) fittings that I used on our last RV. Have not yet plumbed any propane QD on the Solitude yet. The 382WB didn't have one from the factory.
                                Roy & Kim
                                Rusty & Django - Aussie wiggle-butts
                                2020 GD Solitude 382WB (01/20 build) - the Palace
                                2020 F350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4 Dually - the Silver Queen

Comment

Working...
                                X