Questions about propane basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    larryts Review of the picture (no help from the Fairview website) that almost looks like a push to connect manifold. That being said, have you removed it from the frame to see if there are clips on the back side? The reason I am thinking that is a quick connect manifold has to do with the lack of hex fittings on the hose ends. Be careful with rotating the plug as it may be o-ring sealed and rotating may cause it to leak. I suggest pressurizing the system and spraying with soapy water to see if it bubbles.
    Thanks Joseph, I would not have thought to unmount the manifold to look for a release switch (clips?) on the other side. I like your theory that this is some sort of quick connect because of the lack of hex fittings on the rubber hose ends.

Comment

I tried harder to unscrew the endcap while pushed in or pulled out, but had no luck. I unmounted the manifold, but found no switch to release a quick connect. I did find more printed text hidden away, but did not have any better luck googling to find the manufacturer specs or anything even close to looking like the thingy that I have. I also took pictures of the #5 and #6 stubs when pulled out or pushed in. I did see I could spin either the outer knob separately from the sleeve it fit into, I could try some sort of pull apart while pushing the inner sleeve inward, but I was hoping I could find confirmation that's what I should do, before I break it attempting to open it up. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220129_204906620.NIGHT.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	75540 I have many more pictures (with #5 and #6 pushed in) up on: https://photos.app.goo.gl/x4yMXBHw1c3NzVhN8

Comment

That connection looks a lot like the shark bite and DOT push fittings. The outer ring gets pushed in while pulling out. IIRC the outer ring will stay part of the manifold while the inner part pulls out.

Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

This item https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/71934 is shown as a manifold plug. Not sure how it might work.

There are no fittings or hose assemblies with any kind of male fitting in the parts list where you could get a clue of what you are dealing with.

I’d suggest leak testing it after messing with it until you know how exactly it works.
          Last edited by Jkwilson; 01-30-2022, 10:02 AM.
          John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

larryts

So I have heard some news from GD. This is some type of push to connect fitting. The collar needs to be pushed in while pulling the fitting out, if I understand them correctly. I have searched some more on the Fairview website but still have not found anything. If you can wait a little while on this project I am sure some kind of "real" information will turn up. The Moderators are heading to GD for some Technical Training in March and this will be added to the list of items for us to see and learn how it works. I do not want to lead you down the wrong path of how this works as I am not sure myself, I do not want you to break something on my "not proven" information. This item seems very top secret but is being used so you are not the only one with this type of block. We will keep trying.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I've looked through about 4 years of Fairview and Gas-Flo catalogues with no luck on the low pressure push to connect gas manifolds and hoses.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all! I will certainly need to leak test the whole assembly when I finally re-pressurize the system. And I can certainly wait on this project while the moderators kindly put this on the investigation list.

Comment

I've looked through about 4 years of Fairview and Gas-Flo catalogues with no luck on the low pressure push to connect gas manifolds and hoses.
                  I called Fairview and discovered the part shown in the pic is a new item that is not for sale to the public, thus no reference in any catalog or online. I did ask for information on the installation (and removal) of the lines from the manifold but have not received a response (yet).
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                  2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

A couple of thoughts for the moderators while in contact with GD about this:

There are no hoses with these fittings listed in the online parts lookup and a lot of web searching finds nothing about them. It would be very useful to owners of trailers equipped with these distribution blocks to know what they are called and where to find them.

Since these seem like a rare item, a damaged hose on the road could ruin a trip. You’d have to shut the whole system down. Carrying one of the plugs I linked to in my post above might be a good idea to allow you to plug the port where the damaged hose goes to allow the rest of the LP appliances to be used until you can get a hose.
                    John & Kathy
                    2014 Reflection 303RLS
                    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

howson Thanks Howard. But with a unit that's about 2 years old (2020 model) you would think something would be out there. As mentioned by John, how would one find replacement parts?
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

howson Thanks Howard. But with a unit that's about 2 years old (2020 model) you would think something would be out there. As mentioned by John, how would one find replacement parts?
                        After discovering NO parts are available for Furrion appliances, nothing surprises me anymore. But I get it--if a manifold or line was damaged it would be a heck of time figuring out what to do when there's zip for info available. If the contact at Fairview doesn't return my call I'll continue to request through other sources.

Howard
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

GDRV-Megan Megan, OP states that he tried to unthread the plug and it just spins.

Those almost look like Push in fittings of some sort. The Parts lookup page shows DNU in the prefix of the part description. Also looking up the part number shown on the part at the MFG website does not return any listings.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/48521
                          At this point, I'd recommend reaching out to customer service, as I don't have an answer... they can be reached at 574-825-9679 or customerservice@granddesignrv.com. I apologize for not having any other info regarding this.

Comment

I think I found the part and part number, but can't seem to find someone or someplace that can order one.....

Comment

You may have to go to Fairview to buy the hose assy until it becomes generally available.
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jaruddp View Post
                                I think I found the part and part number, but can't seem to find someone or someplace that can order one.....
                                Hi Jaruddp--thanks for the post! Noted that was your first one, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                                X