No announcement yet.

This may have been self inflicted water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it's solved. For a fire, you need air, fuel, and spark.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

BobinICT

Would you please share the part number for the valve, link to amazon? Also please share the model of your water heater.

Thanks,

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        BobinICT

Would you please share the part number for the valve, link to amazon? Also please share the model of your water heater.

Thanks,

Brian
        Water heater - GC6AA-10E

Part # on the failed one - 93321

Part # given to me by the parts guy that I used for my Amazon search - 92078

Part # that is on the new valve - 93321

Info on the paper that came with the part, Dometic sheet - Literature Number MPD 93286

Fits 93844 & 93870 according to the sheet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXM16VN...roduct_details

What a mess huh?
        Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
        TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

BobinICT

Great info to have. Thanks. Hard to believe the valve is that pricey!

I've been lucky not to have had a water heater issue over the years. In troubleshooting the valve, what voltage activates it? 12vdc? Is there any way to manually activate it to determine if it is opening?
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

From many years of home repair on appliances (not for others just when dad was doing it) anything associated with gas is stupid expensive. More of the liability associated with the nature of fire / explosion.

Most gas clothes dryers have a double valve system that has to be replaced as a unit. If one fails, the other is there as a backup. Typically they fail closed. Not surprised to hear LP electric valves are stupid expensive for what they are.

Also, LP and NG are horrible things for sealing components in valves. They are "dry" gases that can lead to premature seal failure cause by dry rotting (or something similar) of the seals. The best seals for those gases are not cheap (unless you use PTFE) but those mean higher seating pressures due to the nature of the seal hardness leading to higher cost of manufacturing due to higher strength materials and springs.

Edit: just opened the link to the valve. NOTE the 2 solenoids on top? That means it's actually 2 valves not 1 in the same housing.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X