X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by tmakie View Post

Everything now seems to be operating as expected and if I am connected to shore power it automatically uses pass through to AC. If I turn-off shore power, it changes to "Inverting" mode.

Also got the solar working yesterday so the controller Victron 150 / 60 is also connected and generating DC.

Just some clean-up wiring in the front bay and a little more Dicor on the panel screw areas and I will declare it done!

Appreciate everyone's input.

Todd
    Glad you got it all working! When you have many people working on a solution (who have seen similar issues), nothing is impossible!

Leave a comment:

• tmakie
    replied
    Jimmer your suggestion Forums was the solution. Even though my switch was in the "On" mode for the Multiplus, the Cerbo Gx setting was in the "Inverting" mode setting. I change the Cerbo Gx to "On" mode (it had defaulted to Inverting" and it worked.

I now have learned that the Cerbo Gx overrides the physical switch on the Multiplus II. I guess the proper way to use the Multi is to set it to the On mode and then use the Cerbo Gx software mode settings to switch between "On, Off, Inverting, and Charge Only" modes.

Everything now seems to be operating as expected and if I am connected to shore power it automatically uses pass through to AC. If I turn-off shore power, it changes to "Inverting" mode.

Also got the solar working yesterday so the controller Victron 150 / 60 is also connected and generating DC.

Just some clean-up wiring in the front bay and a little more Dicor on the panel screw areas and I will declare it done!

Appreciate everyone's input.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• Country Campers
    replied
    Originally posted by howson View Post

Brian -- do you have a VRM account? What I'm looking for is a copy of the configuration that can be downloaded.
    I will check this out when I get home.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• howson
    replied
    Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
    tmakie

I believe you have the Multiplus 2, Neil does not have this. Here is my thread where I posted pics of the settings, I think they are current Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3kva install Reflection 29RS - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

howson Howard helped me thru these settings.

Brian
    Brian -- do you have a VRM account? What I'm looking for is a copy of the configuration that can be downloaded.

Leave a comment:

• Country Campers
    replied
    tmakie

I believe you have the Multiplus 2, Neil does not have this. Here is my thread where I posted pics of the settings, I think they are current Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3kva install Reflection 29RS - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

howson Howard helped me thru these settings.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• ncitro
    replied
    ncitro can you send me your multiplus settings to compare as it sounds like we have the same equipment?
    Unfortunately I am away from my rig until Saturday, but I can grab them then. I have a Type 1 not a Type 2 though.

Leave a comment:

• howson
    replied
    ncitro can you send me your multiplus settings to compare as it sounds like we have the same equipment?
    Do you have a VRM portal account and can you access your system from your local computer?

Leave a comment:

• tmakie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Note: Todd asks a question about solar panels that has been moved to it's own thread. See Solar Panel Mount Position ​for that discussion. -Howard (moderator)

Yes, charge only mode works fine but the "On" mode is not triggering the shore power / 120v but rather immediately goes into "Inverter" when the switch is in the "On" mode position.

I will have to experiment more tomorrow.

Todd

​​
    Do you have the power boost feature enabled. That's when the multiplus will supplement buy use of the inverter if shore power is low. If you have that enabled can you share a screen shot of the parameter settings Also If you have it on, try disabling it and see what happens.

Again brainstorming

Keith

Leave a comment:

• tmakie
    replied
    Note: Todd asks a question about solar panels that has been moved to it's own thread. See Solar Panel Mount Position ​for that discussion. -Howard (moderator)

Yes, charge only mode works fine but the "On" mode is not triggering the shore power / 120v but rather immediately goes into "Inverter" when the switch is in the "On" mode position.

I will have to experiment more tomorrow.

Todd

​​
    Last edited by howson; 01-21-2023, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmer
    replied
    Todd, there are at least three reasons why your Multiplus is not "passing through" the line voltage like it should be when the inverter is not needed. I review these three scenarios below.

1) Your Multiplus is defective. But, at this point I doubt that's the case.

2) Your Mulitplus is in "Inverter" mode, even though you think it is on the "On" position. Can you see a screen either on the Touch50 pad or on VE Configure/VictronConnect which shows in software what mode the Multiplus is in? Actually, I see from the pictures at the end of my post that you can see the state of the Multiplus Switch in both of the bottom 2 pictures that the switch is in the ON state.

Here's a picture of my Touch50 in the "On Mode."

Click image for larger version  Name:	Victron Switch on Touch50.jpg Views:	2 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	103791

3. The Multiplus is forcing the inverter to operate because it doesn't like something in your AC input to the Multiplus. My Victron System for some reason cannot connect with VE Configure, so I can't check the same screens you posted in one of your first threads. However, here's what my settings look like in VE Config. Can you go into VE Config and post screen grabs from "Ac input control" and the main screen which shows all of the AC inputs/outputs?

The important part is the Conditional AC input connection is off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Victron - AC Input Control.jpg Views:	2 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	103792

Click image for larger version  Name:	Victron - Status.jpg Views:	2 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	103793
    Last edited by Jimmer; 01-21-2023, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmer
    replied
    Any other ideas why it might be going directly to inverter in the "On" mode but has no problem using the Shore Power in the "Charge Only" mode?

Todd
    The "Charge Only" mode only operates the Multiplus to charge. In this mode, it does not let the inverter turn on, but the AC power is "passed through" without any inverter function. So, in that mode, pass through is occurring, showing this aspect of the Multiplus is capable.

Leave a comment:

• Country Campers
    replied
    I used the my Hughes autoformer info and everything is within the grid limits: 123.5v, 60.0Hz. I disabled the UPS checkbox but that did not have any effect either as it immediately goes to inverter.

Any other ideas why it might be going directly to inverter in the "On" mode but has no problem using the Shore Power in the "Charge Only" mode?

Todd
    Remove the Hughes from the system and see if that changes anything.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• tmakie
    replied
    Yes, shore power is direct to the Multiplus in and out terminals. Hope I don't have a defective one like ncitro had where it would not recognize 120v and automatically inverted.

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    On question does the Cerbo GX need to be grounded to properly work? I don't see a ground connected to it. I am also still a bit confused by the shunt install as I don't think it sees all the negative loads as wired. On mine it ties between the negative battery bus bar in the Lynx power it and a negative return block where all negative wiring attaches too, except the battery cables That block then goes to the chassis ground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0611s.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	103769 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0626s.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	103770
    The battery cables will attach to the negative buss bar in the Lynx power in later. Second picture is how the battery cables attached to the lynx power in. Negative are under the black plastic covers.

Also it wold be good to know how shore power is wired in. In my mind it should now come direct to the multiplus and then to the distribution panel with nothing inbetween except maybe a surge protector. BTW if there's a surge protector wired in, is it delivering the correct power to the multiplus?

Just brainstorming
    Keith

Leave a comment:

Working...
X