Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Momentum 25G Solar Monitor Display Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Momentum 25G Solar Monitor Display Location?

Hello all,

I'm taking delivery of a New 2023 Momentum 25G in 2 days and after my pretty extensive walk through with sales guy, no tech person.

We can't locate the Solar Monitor Display. It has 2-330W Solar Panels and 2000w inverter. I have a call and email into GD , they are trying to figure it out and said they'll get back to me.

The real PDI/Walk through will happen ,with a tech hopefully, before I take delivery. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I am not sure but I think the solar controller is in the front side storage, door side of the RV, it may even be behind a panel.
    acoleman43 or others with a Momentum TT can help further.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think you are correct ,Brian. Possibly behind panel in front cargo compartment. I just thought the Solar Controller Display would be more visible.

Maybe bluetooth/phone app?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bpep View Post
        I think you are correct ,Brian. Possibly behind panel in front cargo compartment. I just thought the Solar Controller Display would be more visible.

Thanks
        This is a 32G, but your controller will be in the same location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32G.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	111151

An acquaintance has a new Momentum (forget the model) and this is what it looks like with the panel down.

Name:	25G Buddy.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	111152

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks
          To clarify I do not think there is a display for the controller, just the LED lights on it.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hello all,

I'm taking delivery of a New 2023 Momentum 25G in 2 days and after my pretty extensive walk through with sales guy, no tech person.

We can't locate the Solar Monitor Display. It has 2-330W Solar Panels and 2000w inverter. I have a call and email into GD , they are trying to figure it out and said they'll get back to me.

The real PDI/Walk through will happen ,with a tech hopefully, before I take delivery. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
            I just purchased a 2023 Momentum 25G. Mine only had one 200W Solar Panel and just the inverter prep. As Howson showed in the pictures, the MPPT controller is in the front storage compartment behind the panel. Mine came with a BT module so I can connect with my phone to read data. This is the small box next to the MPPT controller as shown in Howson's picture. The app is called FutureLink. When you are close to the BT module, 15 to 20 ft, you can link to it and read the information. There was no separate display on mine.

GD has been providing a magnum dimensions inverter for the 1000W. If you have their 2000 W model, it can have a remote display that allow you to see the status and turn it on and off. I purchased the CSW2012-HX model that has a hard wired connection for the output instead of a receptacle with this remote display. The CSW2012-X is the same inverter with the display and controls on the front and a receptacle.

The picture from Howson showed A WFCO inverter I believe, so that may be what you will have.

Hope this helps.
            Mike & Sue
            2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD w/Duramax
            2023 Momentum 25G

Comment

Hello all,

Thanks

Mine were in front storage as Howard's picture shows. I agree it's a terrible location, that why mine is now in the center console where the other control/monitors are located.

Grand Designs should really think this one though a little more. It's MUCH easier to run wire to the center control area BEFORE the trailer is completely built. Running wires after built requires some extensive work

Below is a picture of how my 21G came from factory. You can see the solar charge remote controller, and the remote inverter switch with inverter shutoff against the wall.

With the access panel opened you can see the inverter.

Name:	Wiring 3.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	111196
              Last edited by acoleman43; 04-28-2023, 09:31 AM.
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Hello all,

Thanks
                While not about your display.....with the 2000W inverter how many batterys is the dealer providing? Should be a minimum of 2 high amp hour that will fit (over 100ah each if possible, maybe more). Hopefully the experts will chime in on what GD is allowing the dealer to install. I am assuming it has a 12v fridge. I had my dealer install 2 with the deal.

Just thinking here.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

While not about your display.....with the 2000W inverter how many batterys is the dealer providing? Should be a minimum of 2 high amp hour that will fit (over 100ah each if possible, maybe more). Hopefully the experts will chime in on what GD is allowing the dealer to install. I am assuming it has a 12v fridge. I had my dealer install 2 with the deal.

Just thinking here.
                  Grand Desing has no say in what dealers install for batterie in their RV's. I would think that if the RV is delivered to the dealer with 2 battery boxes the dealer would fill those on purchase. It would be up to the purchaser and/or the dealer to set the battery system up to what ever is needed.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Grand Desing has no say in what dealers install for batterie in their RV's. I would think that if the RV is delivered to the dealer with 2 battery boxes the dealer would fill those on purchase. It would be up to the purchaser and/or the dealer to set the battery system up to what ever is needed.

Brian
                    Interesting Brian - Every unit I have seen always has a single battery box from the factory, As his is a TT how big is the stock battery box - I assume it only holds 1 stock battery? GD has no information on even if a battery box is even included - or I missed it. On my 5th wheel there was one built into the floor of the front bay- I had my dealer add a second box and tie it into the venting of the first, I have no idea what can be done in the space on the TT tong. Something for the OP to discus with his dealer for sure. bpep
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Interesting Brian - Every unit I have seen always has a single battery box from the factory, As his is a TT how big is the stock battery box - I assume it only holds 1 stock battery? GD has no information on even if a battery box is even included - or I missed it. On my 5th wheel there was one built into the floor of the front bay- I had my dealer add a second box and tie it into the venting of the first, I have no idea what can be done in the space on the TT tong. Something for the OP to discus with his dealer for sure. bpep
                      Sorry I believe that there is only one box from the factory.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian
                        Wandering a bit off the OP topic, but this ^^^ sounds potentially troublesome if coming from factory with 2000W inverter (a potential draw of 150+ DC Amps at 12V). Surprised GD doesn't specify a minimum battery capacity in order to make that 2000W inverter functional (or maybe they do). But - 1 battery box ain't gonna cut it - unless it's sized for like a 270Ah BB Gamechanger. Also makes me wonder about the cable sizing to the battery... things that make you go hmmmm.
                        Ken & Sandra
                        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post

Wandering a bit off the OP topic, but this ^^^ sounds potentially troublesome if coming from factory with 2000W inverter (a potential draw of 150+ DC Amps at 12V). Surprised GD doesn't specify a minimum battery capacity in order to make that 2000W inverter functional (or maybe they do). But - 1 battery box ain't gonna cut it - unless it's sized for like a 270Ah BB Gamechanger. Also makes me wonder about the cable sizing to the battery... things that make you go hmmmm.
                          I agree, but I don't think it's Grand Designs problem.

Mine came with nothing. The dealer we purchased from adds a standard size battery and box to all the RV's they sell.

When we purchased ours, the dealer was motivated to sell so they threw in another battery and box with some other things to get the deal done.
                          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Sorry I believe that there is only one box from the factory.

Brian
                            Nothing to be sorry about. I don't know what battery box or boxes GD sends with the bigger units. I cant imagine GD makes room for just one, especially with some or the large solar packages.

Comment

My 5th wheel came from GD with one 300 watt panel, 2000 watt inverter and 30 amp MPPT, when we looked at it there was only one battery box in the front storage compartment. I had the dealer add another 300 watt panel and they threw in the second box and battery, batteries weren’t anything great, standard Interstate SLA.
                              Scott & Mikaela
                              2022 375 RES
                              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                              X