Document Your Solar System (Please!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread but what software are you guys using to document your solar systems?
    I just found Affinity Designer. I am running it on a Mac but there is a PC version as well.
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      The majority of the drawings you see on my threads are in Photoshop. For simple drawings I use PowerPoint and save a copy as a jpg.
      Thanks Howard.

Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Nearing final on my plan, except for selection of panels which I won't do until I've been on top of the roof of my still-being-built Momentum 397th. Was originally planning on Battle Born batteries but decided to go with Victron for same capacity in much smaller footprint with fewer disconnect switches and wires.
        My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Originally posted by Sckarolek View Post
          Nearing final on my plan, except for selection of panels which I won't do until I've been on top of the roof of my still-being-built Momentum 397th. Was originally planning on Battle Born batteries but decided to go with Victron for same capacity in much smaller footprint with fewer disconnect switches and wires.
          Wow!

If you'd like any feedback or inputs from the knowledgeable folks here on the forum regarding your plan, please start a new thread. At minimum I hope you'll do the forum the favor of documenting the experience.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
            I don't want to derail this thread but what software are you guys using to document your solar systems?
            I used Microsoft Visio...
            My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Working...
            X