Solar power use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar power use

Hello I have a 2016 29rs reflection. I am looking at adding a solar panel or generator to my unit as it has a factory plug on front of it. I was told I can get an adapter to use a panel ( not same brand as what camper has installed for plug) from dealer I bought it from. I would if using solar add a battery to bump up capacity so we do not run out at night or debate on adding a generator just for the camper. I'm not sure on total usage of power when set up and what capacity the battery has to run my unit for time . Thanks in advance.
    2023 Ram 2500hd standard cab 8 foot bed 4x4
    2016 Reflection 29rs

Originally posted by Brendt View Post
    Hello I have a 2016 29rs reflection. I am looking at adding a solar panel or generator to my unit as it has a factory plug on front of it. I was told I can get an adapter to use a panel ( not same brand as what camper has installed for plug) from dealer I bought it from. I would if using solar add a battery to bump up capacity so we do not run out at night or debate on adding a generator just for the camper. I'm not sure on total usage of power when set up and what capacity the battery has to run my unit for time . Thanks in advance.
    That's a proprietary Furrion plug. There is an adapter sold on Amazon -- I believe this is it: https://www.amazon.com/Extractme-Ind.../dp/B088RCN3Y7

From the Solar 101 presentation given at the National Rally:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	130898

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	130899

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Brendt -- I should have also added that it's not unusual for that adapter to NOT be wired to the battery nor to be protected by a fuse. Also note the (very) limited 10A (DC). I converted mine to SAE and upgraded the wiring. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...power-port-mod for one idea. Others have approached the mod differently--hopefully they will chime in on this thread.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I use our port to power our 12 volt fridge/freezer. I have a long enough cord that we just leave the fridge in the back seat of the truck the whole time when we travel. In the beginning I did plug a solar suitcase panel into it but having panels on the roof now that day has passed. Howard is correct that the adapter is available on Amazon.
        Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
        TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Working...
        X