Solar Install 2020 Reflection 295RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Install 2020 Reflection 295RL

The wiring on my 2020 Reflections 295 RL was not prewired to the roof even though the brochure stated it was. I contacted GD and talked with the and all they would say is make sure the location is good and seal it well.

I measured and found the location of the sewer vent tube going from the basement through to the roof and then measured inside and drilled a small hole above the kitchen cabinets that back onto the bathroom and used a boroscope to find the best place to drill. There was some wiring running in the area around the vent pipe, I am glad I had a peek. Once I figured out where I wanted to drill I measured 300 times inside and outside then drilled the hole. All went very smoothly with the install after the hole was drilled.

2020 Reflections 150 Series 295 RL, 2007 Chev Duramax 3500 Classic Ext cab

Comment

Very nicely done. I like the "measure 300 times" , when drilling thru the roof that sounds about right to be sure.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I was quite nervous about drilling through my roof too. I really like the idea of drilling a pilot hole, then using a bore scope to check things out. My location was critical on my set up, so I drilled from the inside out once I checked to make sure there were no wires in the way.

I'd love to see the rest of your set up such as your controller, etc.

What kind of battery bank are you going to be charging?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	663DE26B-7110-4CCC-97CE-993604C41DEC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	6094
          So far I only have 2 12V AGM’s from Stark Industries and the controller is a Rover 40amp from Renogy.

The panels are a 300w and a 160w.

Going to to put in at least another battery and either a 2000w or 3000w inverter in the spring.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see you have multiple wires going into the Photo array terminals on the controller. Are those from the two panels?

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have the Furion plug from the front wired in as well. I use a small 10w panel to keep the batteries charged over the winter that I setup facing south. Can’t keep the top panels clear enough to guarantee a charge with the snow and ice.

Comment

Working...
              X