Converter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converter question

I am almost done with my solar upgrade. Got the last piece, the Multiplus II installed today. I have 4 Battle Born 100 amp hr batteries, 1200 watts solar, 150/100 solar charge controller and an Orion DC to DC charger, cerbo and color GX50.

It all appears to be working fine. No smoke so far .

My question is what do I do with the stock converter? Can/do I just unplug it from the back of the circuit panel?

I would never have gotten this far without all the help to my questions and reading the threads from all who post.

John
    John & Beata, Waterford, WI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
    1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Originally posted by John L View Post
    I am almost done with my solar upgrade. Got the last piece, the Multiplus II installed today. I have 4 Battle Born 100 amp hr batteries, 1200 watts solar, 150/100 solar charge controller and an Orion DC to DC charger, cerbo and color GX50.

My question is what do I do with the stock converter? Can/do I just unplug it from the back of the circuit panel?

I would never have gotten this far without all the help to my questions and reading the threads from all who post.

John
    John,

Yep, if you just unplug it, you'll be fine.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by John L View Post

John
      Mine was on a dedicated breaker, so I just keep it turned off. Then you have it as a backup if you ever have an issue with the Multiplus.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X