2022 22MLE Solar and Power Systems Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    We are new to solar and purchased our 2022 22mle in October and it came with 165w panel and a 25a converter.

My question is can we just upgrade our panels to give us more wattage or do we have to upgrade the converter also?

If we can just upgrade the panels how high can we go with this 25a converter?

Thanks
    Pat & Viki McCartney
    2022 Imagine 22mle
    2014 Ford F150

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndTimeAround View Post
      Hello,
      We are new to solar and purchased our 2022 22mle in October and it came with 165w panel and a 25a converter.

My question is can we just upgrade our panels to give us more wattage or do we have to upgrade the converter also?

If we can just upgrade the panels how high can we go with this 25a converter?

Thanks
      The manual for the solar controller is here: https://cdn.accentuate.io/6641527586...7097014132.pdf

Based on the specs (snip below) to get the most from your configuration I'd suggest an upgraded solar controller if you want to add one or more panels. The ideal is to match the current panel (otherwise there is a performance hit). It's possible to add a 150W panel (which will degrade your 165W panel to the 150W's maximum output) but not sure I'd do that.

There's a lot to this subject...not sure how much technical detail you're interested in reading. Check out TucsonJim 's Solar 101 presentation in this channel's Reference Material section for the basics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	specs.JPG
Views:	668
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	71374

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Kc67 -- your question (and the subsequent posts) are here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/7...n-the-roof-how
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X