2021 Reflection 312BHTS "solar ready"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection 312BHTS "solar ready"

Hello, we have a 21 Reflection that says solar prepped, I looked through the forum a little and saw a few different answers for older models and not my specific one. Is there anyone that can tell me what I still need to buy - I know a panel, and a controller i think? but not sure where to buy or all of what Ill need to have it just work. We are full timers and work from home, I have a 3500w generator that runs the W/D, fridge and our computers and the tv or whatever but I want to not have to rely on the generator if we dont need to use EVERYTHING. Mostly I want the computers, fridge and maybe the W/D to work all on the solar but I understand that there are limits to what is possible. Thanks in advance!

Justin

Originally posted by TheBeckers View Post
    Hello, we have a 21 Reflection that says solar prepped, I looked through the forum a little and saw a few different answers for older models and not my specific one. Is there anyone that can tell me what I still need to buy - I know a panel, and a controller i think? but not sure where to buy or all of what Ill need to have it just work. We are full timers and work from home, I have a 3500w generator that runs the W/D, fridge and our computers and the tv or whatever but I want to not have to rely on the generator if we dont need to use EVERYTHING. Mostly I want the computers, fridge and maybe the W/D to work all on the solar but I understand that there are limits to what is possible. Thanks in advance!

Justin
    Hi Justin, and welcome to the forum. To learn more about this place, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question...there's a book worth of information required to completely and accurately answer it. There just so happens to be such a book, written by Will Prowse. For about $15 you'll get his easy-to-read guide to understanding the basics. https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Solar-.../dp/1546567119

Why read a book on the subject? IMO there's no shortcut to this topic--it takes homework (on your part) to understand how solar and inverter systems work and their limitations. It's easy to spend $10K (or more) for a setup that either won't meet your expectations or have more capability than will ever be used.

Even if you intend on having someone else install the components, it's still critical for the buyer to understand what the installer is doing and why. Will's book is a great place to start.

Another reference, available here (written by fellow moderator TucsonJim ) is a Solar 101 slide presentation. You'll find it in the Solar channel's Reference Material sub-channel. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/r...4-solar-101-v4

-Howard

P.S. Please do the forum the favor of documenting your journey with solar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mobile Power.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	71545
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

TheBeckers Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I try to open that file on there and the link says file not recognized or something and won't open.
        Last edited by howson; 12-03-2021, 01:38 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeckers View Post

I try to open that file on there and the link says file not recognized or something and won't open.
          File? There are two links above. One is to the one to Amazon where you can purchase a copy. The "book" you see is just a picture of the cover. The content of Will's book is copyright material so you won't find it here on this forum.

The other link is to Jim's solar presentation (that one is free).

I edited the quote in the post above so the only two links that actually work are available to you.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X