No announcement yet.

2022 Factory Solar. What should I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Factory Solar. What should I know?

Hello! We just took delivery of our 2022 375 Res with factory solar, we did have the dealer add an additional 300W panel. I have never had an rv with solar before. Do I need to do anything with it while plugged into shore power? Any other tips tricks from anyone?
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
    Hello! We just took delivery of our 2022 375 Res with factory solar, we did have the dealer add an additional 300W panel. I have never had an rv with solar before. Do I need to do anything with it while plugged into shore power? Any other tips tricks from anyone?
    There is nothing that you need to do while on shore power. If you have an inverter it will also have a automatic transfer switch that will switch between shore power and inverter/battery power, if you have a single deep cycle battery from the dealer it will not last very long on inverter power. As long as you have sunshine the solar should keep your battery charged but it may not keep up on high usage such as the inverter. You will also want to make sure that the solar charge controller is on at all times to charge the battery. If you are planning on a lot of dry camping, relying on the battery and solar you may want to upgrade the system even further, the factory solar is a basic starter kit.

Welcome to the Forum and the solar life, I have just started solar as well and learning lots on the way.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
      Any other tips tricks from anyone?
      Hello back at ya! First "tip"--check out the Welcome Letter to New Members. There's a ton of information in it about how to get the most from your time here on this forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your specific question, my fellow moderator TucsonJim has a "Solar 101" presentation that he gives at a rally. Check it out and then if you have any specific questions fire away. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv-ra...r-presentation

There's lots more in the Solar channel's Reference Material section!

Click image for larger version

Name:	RM.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	80141

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you swap battery type (lead acid to lithium, AGM, etc) make sure you change the charge settings in the controller.
        2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
        2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
        x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Thank you all!! Really appreciate the guidance!
          Scott & Mikaela
          2022 375 RES
          2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
          X