Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303RLS - Portable Sewer Tote Storage

Howdy,
    We have a 42gal “blue boy” portable sewer tote from our previous camper. I don’t want to store it in the basement or on the ladder given other items we are carrying.

Besides using the ladder or the basement, has anyone come up with another location to store their portable sewer tote?

I’m think of building/installing a small rack immediately behind the front legs of the fifth wheel. The rack wouldn’t extended below the bottom of the upper/outer leg housing or beyond them horizontally. Anyone done this or like this?

Right now, I’m still in the brainstorming process so any and all suggestions are welcome.
    Thank you,
    Bob​
    Bob & Mary
    2022 GD Reflection 303
    2020 Ford F-350 CC, SRW, Short Bed

2017 Lance 2285 (Sold)
    DeLand, Florida

Originally posted by Fenton Harper View Post
    Howdy,
    We have a 42gal “blue boy” portable sewer tote from our previous camper. I don’t want to store it in the basement or on the ladder given other items we are carrying.

Besides using the ladder or the basement, has anyone come up with another location to store their portable sewer tote?

I’m think of building/installing a small rack immediately behind the front legs of the fifth wheel. The rack wouldn’t extended below the bottom of the upper/outer leg housing or beyond them horizontally. Anyone done this or like this?

Right now, I’m still in the brainstorming process so any and all suggestions are welcome.
    Thank you,
    Bob​
    Something like this might work depending on the dimensions of the tote https://balrvproducts.com/product/hide-a-spare/
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Installing behind the front landing gear you will have to be careful as you have a grey and black tank above the coroplast underbelly.

What about a hitch rack on the back? Or could you just tow it behind, kidding of course but that would be funny to see.

Yoda Keith's idea above may be a good one.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I built a rack for mine behind the axle and it would frequently make contact. I gave up on that she moved it to the ladder. 42 gallon as well. It's far enough to the side that I still get my two ebikes on their rack on the hitch.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

When we need to carry ours, it goes behind the hitch in the box of the truck. It lives there and is filled with a macerator pump at the RV and drains (quickly!) at the dump station. We only use this for grey water. See this discussion with my input in post 5. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...aste-tote-tank

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

If you choose to tow it behind the RV as a "Hold my adult beverage and watch this" moment, please have someone film it as you enter the freeway. Then upload to YouTube and post the link. I think most of us would appreciate the "Cousin Eddie" moment it would create. Just don't forget to grease up the wheel bearings on the tote really well before you take off.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks all! I appreciate both the assistance and the humor!
              Bob & Mary
              2022 GD Reflection 303
              2020 Ford F-350 CC, SRW, Short Bed

2017 Lance 2285 (Sold)
              DeLand, Florida

Comment

I use a modified and repurposed bumper bike rack. Just turned the arms backwards and use ratchet straps to secure the tank.
                Jason & Kim
                Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                2016 Ford F250

Comment

I built a 12" tray which mounts to the back of our 303rls for my oru folding kayak, Honda 2200 generator, and gas can. It sits on 2 rails which slide into the open tubes used to support the hitch frame, which are themselves welded to the outer frame members. Makes for a very solid mount and I can still put a bike rack in the receiver.

Your blue tank might sit on something like that nicely.
                  Mark & Kim Donnell
                  Donnells On The Road!
                  Fulltime since May 2021, somewhere in America, with our cats Iris & Rose.
                  '21 303RLS + '20 Chevy 2500HD diesel.
                  Our long RV Mods list (ask!) -
                  https://tinyurl.com/MyRvMods

Comment

Working...
                  X