Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New "What Is It" Thread - Roof Related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New "What Is It" Thread - Roof Related.

I was up mapping my roof for solar panel installation. While up there, I came across a patched area that has me mystified. On earlier models, the area in question may have housed solar prep wiring. However, my new roof has two solar glands already installed, and one is in use.

You can see the area in question in the first photo. And a close up in the second photo.

What the HECK is it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	123558

Click image for larger version

Name:	385557037_1582148715653020_786415816815276609_n.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	123559
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Looks like someone found a hole in the membrane, patched with eternabond, then completely covered it in roof sealer.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

LOL. Joseph. Let's hope not....

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I just call it as I see it.

Wonder why this is my guess? As they were installing the AC one of the studs or something caught the membrane. On our first TT I had the AC replaced under warranty and the Mobile tech snagged the roof. I later snagged the roof with my safety boot lace hook.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Looks like someone found a hole in the membrane, patched with eternabond, then completely covered it in roof sealer.
          I would agree with this. At least it looks like a square patch under the alpha. Disappointing if true. Worth a "hey what is this? to GD".
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

TucsonJim

Sorry Jim, but I am with Joseph Jlawles2 and Scott Scott'n'Wendy on this. Being that close to the AC unit someone made a Bo-bo during the install. However it could have been a mistake of where one of the solar ports went. Is it soft in the middle where a hole through the sheeting might be. Can you pull the AC shroud and see under the roof at that location?

But look at it this way no one can see it.........yep back to my corner

Keith

PS now you need a picture of your new trailer and change your avatar
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X