Mounting location for second sewage hose holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting location for second sewage hose holder

I recently purchased a second sewage hose holder for my Momentum 395MS, thinking I could mount it under the camper next to the pre-installed one. However, when I looked under the camper today to confirm that this could be done, I saw a number of holding tanks and pull lanyards blocking many of the spots that I thought I could put it. I need to decide if I can install the second holder before the end of January in order to return it if necessary. Has anyone done this on a similar camper and, if so, where did you install it?
    Dan and Carla Suson
    2023 Momentum 395MS
    2016 Ford F-350 Diesel DRW

Originally posted by djsuson View Post
    I recently purchased a second sewage hose holder for my Momentum 395MS, thinking I could mount it under the camper next to the pre-installed one. However, when I looked under the camper today to confirm that this could be done, I saw a number of holding tanks and pull lanyards blocking many of the spots that I thought I could put it. I need to decide if I can install the second holder before the end of January in order to return it if necessary. Has anyone done this on a similar camper and, if so, where did you install it?
    Maybe something from these two threads will spark an idea?

Exterior Storage Tubes
    5" plastic fence post install

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I believe there was a similar issue someone ran into and the only place they found was on the opposite side of the axles.

You might be able to use some square tubing to space down the new storage tube slightly increasing the available areas for placing it. The only thing you need to be aware of is the departure angle of the trailer. Basically park on a string and run it to the rear lowest point (what would be the bumper area) and try to stay above the string for maximum protection.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        The only thing you need to be aware of is the departure angle of the trailer. Basically park on a string and run it to the rear lowest point (what would be the bumper area) and try to stay above the string for maximum protection.
        Here's a visual on Joseph's departure angle. Stay above the red line.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Departure angle.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	125122

Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...