Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension

My leaf springs on my 2019 303 RLS are quite squeaky. Just wondering if theses normal or can I use some silicone on them...thx
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 08-09-2020, 11:03 AM. Reason: Changed "sneaky" to "squeaky".

Shep
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Springs don't usually make noise . . . but, the bushings where the springs attach to the frame and equalizer, often do. On your Reflection, you should have what are called "wet bolts" through the bushings in the spring ends. This means that there will be a grease fitting on the head of the bolt, accessible from under the trailer. Using a grease gun on these fittings until you see a little bit of grease squeeze out around the bushing should solve the squeaking problem (and increase the longevity of the bushings)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Shep View Post
      My leaf springs on my 2019 303 RLS are quite squeaky. Just wondering if theses normal or can I use some silicone on them...thx
      This thread may be of interest: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-bolt-bushings
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Shep View Post
        On thing to check is the U bolt nut torque. There have been issues in the past of there bolts not being tight enough and allowing the axle to move on the spring pack. That movement could be a source of the noise.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Shep
          Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Springs don't usually make noise . . . but, the bushings where the springs attach to the frame and equalizer, often do. On your Reflection, you should have what are called "wet bolts" through the bushings in the spring ends. This means that there will be a grease fitting on the head of the bolt, accessible from under the trailer. Using a grease gun on these fittings until you see a little bit of grease squeeze out around the bushing should solve the squeaking problem (and increase the longevity of the bushings)

Rob
          Thanks very much for the info. I didn't know these grade fittings were there. Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
          X