2018 Imagine 2800BH Wall delamination screws falling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milton1979 View Post
    Good morning guys hope all is well, please watch this video and tell me what you guys think please

greatly appreciate all your input
    Wow. "Disappointing" is putting it mildly. Thank you posting that video. As the old cliche goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." In this case your video is >100,000 words.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The sad part about all this Jim, is that there are so many new RVer's just starting and they have no idea until this happens, i took me 3 years unfortunately to find this out the hard way, and now I'm stuck with a huge job on my hands.

Myself and my wife went with a GDRV because we heard a lot of good things about them, and we liked their story on how they came to business, but i guess they are all the same, once you buys its now your problem.

Me and my wife are going back and forth if this video should be our first video on our still brand new youtube channel (no videos posted on it yet we are very shy :-) )

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
        Seriously thinking of removing every window/door/hatch next spring and installing flashing tape to seal the rough opening and exposed luan on these openings.

Jim
        Jim the problem is doing it to the slide rough opening, you would have to remove the entire slide, for me to fix my delamination ( inserting epoxy into wall ) i have to drill holes in my wall since its next to the slide bracket.

Comment

I did Jim thank you for that, i did reply to it, not sure if you got my reply

I do appreciate everything you are doing for me

once again thank you very much Jim
          I did not get it Milton. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the send button.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Me and my wife are going back and forth if this video should be our first video on our still brand new youtube channel (no videos posted on it yet we are very shy :-) )
            If you do, you might want to shoot landscape instead of portrait. (If you can take a joke, you can watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dechvhb0Meo)

I have a 2017 2800BH,and I'm having delamination. My major patch is under the Oven vent. Mine is not next to the slide. (But I am going to check that gasket you've pointed out)

Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Jim the problem is doing it to the slide rough opening, you would have to remove the entire slide, for me to fix my delamination ( inserting epoxy into wall ) i have to drill holes in my wall since its next to the slide bracket.
              milton1979 Repairing the delam is needed once water intrusion is encountered. To seal all the openings before a delam is another. When I replaced my range vent, I sealed the exposed luan that would see moisture from cooking or normal venting. It was totally exposed. Windows/doors/hatches are sealed on the surface of the unit where if there is a compromise of the seal, the luan will become exposed to water. So I'm contemplating on pulling these items and sealing the openings then installing and resealing the windows/doors and hatches, as well as other components. Once the seals are removed from around the slide, it may be possible to install the frame tape. That area would certainly be a challenge over a door or window. Another possibility is to coat the outer luan in the opening with epoxy but it could be messy. There are foam safe epoxies. Epoxy cleans up with alcohol.

Just a thought at this point where there may be other methods to ensure the outer luan panel does not become compromised.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I did not get it Milton. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the send button.

Jim
                i dont have your message in my inbox anymore, but i do remember what you typed and it would be a miracle if anything gets done

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

If you do, you might want to shoot landscape instead of portrait. (If you can take a joke, you can watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dechvhb0Meo)

I have a 2017 2800BH,and I'm having delamination. My major patch is under the Oven vent. Mine is not next to the slide. (But I am going to check that gasket you've pointed out)
                  that was funny Mike, im new at this i will take your advise next time

thank you Mike

Comment

Good morning guys hope all is well, please watch this video and tell me what you guys think please

greatly appreciate all your input
                    I'm pretty sure I can hear everyone saying, "oh man, I better check mine" after seeing your video. First, thank you for sharing that information, giving everyone a heads up. Second, I really hope Grand Design comes through for you on this. Unless you knew how that corner was built, I'm not sure how someone would know to look for this to be honest. Again, thanks for sharing!
                    2019 Imagine 2400BH
                    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

I'm pretty sure I can hear everyone saying, "oh man, I better check mine" after seeing your video. First, thank you for sharing that information, giving everyone a heads up. Second, I really hope Grand Design comes through for you on this. Unless you knew how that corner was built, I'm not sure how someone would know to look for this to be honest. Again, thanks for sharing!
                      They wont answer my emails unfortunately, and thats the problem they say its the owners responsibility to maintain the caulking but how are we supposed to know these things if we don't take things apart?
                      Also check around your inlets, lights, doors, windows, and water inlets. They only put caulking on the top half of it ( from 11 to 2 referencing a clock).

Thank you for watching Stephen

Comment

Good morning everyone, I have great news today, its turning out to be a great day. GDRV just called me and they are going to take care of my rv at no cost to me.

I want to Thank TucsonJim (Jim) very much because i think this was because of you, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH Jim

I also want to thank all of you that have responded to my post, and i wont leave GDRV out, thank you for listening and taking care of your customer, this means a lot to me and my wife.

thank you so much guys, i guess i will remain a GDRV family member :-)

Comment

Good morning everyone, I have great news today, its turning out to be a great day. GDRV just called me and they are going to take care of my rv at no cost to me.

I want to Thank TucsonJim (Jim) very much because i think this was because of you, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH Jim

I also want to thank all of you that have responded to my post, and i wont leave GDRV out, thank you for listening and taking care of your customer, this means a lot to me and my wife.

That's great news. Your video was great. I was surprised to see into your trailer at the corner.

Guys - This is the same area I mentioned in my slide seal thread. I am going to go back and inspect more closely - especially the ends.
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Milton - This is really great news. But I want you to know the guy who really worked this for you with GDRV management was Brian. Brain's forum name is Country Campers He's been talking to GDRV since your first post.
                            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

That is fantastic news, I am actually quite happy for you. No word of a lie, I was thinking about you and this situation last night and how brutal it was. Super awesome outcome!

It would be nice if Grand Design put out somewhat of a Technical Bulletin of areas to check, and notes about roof and wall seals, and include stuff like this. Like you said, if someone doesn't know to look for this or potentially take everything apart, it's super easy to over look. But, I am sure there is huge legal implications doing that, since if the bulletin misses something, who is liable?
                              2019 Imagine 2400BH
                              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

That is fantastic news, I am actually quite happy for you. No word of a lie, I was thinking about you and this situation last night and how brutal it was. Super awesome outcome!

It would be nice if Grand Design put out somewhat of a Technical Bulletin of areas to check, and notes about roof and wall seals, and include stuff like this. Like you said, if someone doesn't know to look for this or potentially take everything apart, it's super easy to over look. But, I am sure there is huge legal implications doing that, since if the bulletin misses something, who is liable?
                                Stephen - Sealant maintenance is covered in all the owner's manuals. For example, this one is from the Imagine manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sealants.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	32436

Jim
                                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...