Magnetic latches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Also is it bowed when open or is just bowed when shut and latched?

Brian
    I guess I should check.
    I don't know a number to call GD.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      I guess I should check.
      I don't know a number to call GD.

The number to call is on the right side of the home page , Customer Service.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Even though I do not have contact yet, I am thinking about taking a couple of pieces of https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that I have laying around and making a spacer for each of the magnets. that should give me a little more clearance.

TedS Not many people will go around and change the orientation of the thumb latches. Most people just roll with what's there and deal with it. I always like them oriented the same way for a quick check that everything is locked.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          TedS Not many people will go around and change the orientation of the thumb latches. Most people just roll with what's there and deal with it. I always like them oriented the same way for a quick check that everything is locked.
          Actually this is one of the first things I noticed when picking up the new GD. They weren't all the same. I'm going to re-orient the latches to the horizontal when closed position. It will likely reduce aero drag and I'll get 1-2 mpg better when towing.....

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy I took the phillips screw loose on the back, they are square drive, so its just a matter of turning the latch how you want it, and then putting the lever in the proper orientation. Verify the lever does get put on all the way down so the door seals tight.

On a side note, no picture yet, but I just made 2 - 0.118" (3mm) each spacers and placed them behind the latches.

I wish GD would put these https://www.ultimatesecuritydevices....ull_p_985.html on the doors that do not have slam latches or easy to access point to pull them open. My front compartment sicks to the seal and is hard to open sometimes.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X