Water Leak in my slide out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leak in my slide out.

The kitchen slide in my Solitude 380 FLR leaks when it rains. I have water coming out from underneath the slide all the way across and water pooling under my range and fridge. There is a small amount under the pantry. The cabinets are starting to delaminate. The dealer couldn't get it to leak with a hose and so I presented pictures they still did nothing to resolve. I went to Elkhart to get IS installed and stayed at GD campground. I was so fortunate that it rained heavy that night. I had three folks from GD out the next day to review the standing water and they recommended I replace the eternabond on outside edge on the roof of slide. I have toppers on but it still gets some water on top. Custom Rv did this for me a couple days later in Elkhart. I am back in Charlotte NC now and we just had a nice short rain and it still leaks. I am so disappointed and moving toward frustration. Has anyone else experienced this?

wwcourter Welcome to the forum, sorry it's under these circumstances. I don't have any experience with your particular unit but I've troubleshot some leaks over the years. My first question is does it only leak when the slide is out or do you also get leaks when it's in?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

At the bottom of each side of the slide opening, there is a plastic cup that catches water that runs down the vertical seals. These cups are supposed to drain to the outside, but if they are tilted in or if the drain hole is plugged, this rainwater can end up inside.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Make sure the outer seals flip lip out and that the top seal overlaps the side seals.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Our 2018 Imagine had a couple of leaks in it during a rainstorm in Florida. The blowing rain was getting in through the refrigerator and water heater panels on that wall. The panels were only caulked on the very top but in the Florida storm the rain was blowing horizontally and got into both panels. I found plenty of rusty screws especially on the bottom of the fridge panel, apparently it had leaked slightly before.
          Anything that is on that outer wall should be considered suspect.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

The slide leaks when it is out. Not sure about when it is in. The seals are all fine. We removed the topper and replaced the eternabond on outside. water runs inside and puddles under range and runs out underneath center of slide. I just removed the slideout topper brackets and replaced seal behind. Also caulked screw holes and screws with silicone. We had light rain over weekend and I have not found water. I am going to put hose to it now. The seal behind bracket was tight and squeezed most of gray seal material out. I think what was left was trapping the water. Thanks for support. I will follow up if this resolves the issue.

Comment

We had water leaking from our slide while in, found the seals on the inside were compromised by 2" of pine needles, the outside seals were not bad so never thought to check the inside until the floor was very wet

Next to install is a slide topper

Good luck

Comment

I think I have it solved. I started a hose at the bottom of the slide and worked my way up. I still believe that the brackets for the slide-out toppers were part of the problem, however, we had another hard rain and we had water underneath the range but not as much. I used the hose on just the range fan exhaust and it leaked. I removed the cover and there was indeed water behind the vent. The thin black foam installed by the manufacture was in pour shape. I used the caulk tape and resealed it. We had a very hard rain and it stayed dry!!!!!! I am so glad. Now I just need the cabinetry pieces replaced where they delaminated and we will finally have every thing done. Thanks for the pointers from everyone that responded. I did learn one other thing. The flashing at the base of the shwintek (I doubt that is spelled correctly) covers the edge of the subfloor to the slides of the slides. Ours had water behind it. The dealer said it was ok because the bottom of the osb is treated. The manufacture says no, it will delaminate. I had this on three slides. Make sure you look and you can't push up on the flashing and have water come out. I resealed my brackets for the toppers and caulked the tracks that operate the slides. This eliminated the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by wwcourter View Post
                  The flashing at the base of the shwintek (I doubt that is spelled correctly) covers the edge of the subfloor to the slides of the slides. Ours had water behind it. ..... Make sure you look and you can't push up on the flashing and have water come out.
                  Thanks for the follow up with your solution and the heads up. If possible, can you share some pictures of this flashing you are referring to and where the water was coming out when you pushed on it? I think I follow what you are referring to, but some photos of the impacted area and parts would solidify my assumption. Thanks again!
                  2019 Imagine 2400BH
                  2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
                  X