GD Newbie with questions about adding or upgrading the tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD Newbie with questions about adding or upgrading the tanks

We have been traveling full-time for more than a year and have now crossed into the 5th wheel world. So far, we lover our 2023 278BH. Previously, we traveled in a self created 30" Skoolie. We enjoy the life off- griid; however, the tank sizes just are not big enough to stay out more than a week. Are there any clear schematic on the tank locations? I really do not want t remove the entire underbelly to map these out. I have found the typical plumbing diagram; however, no location. Please forgive the repeat if this was addressed at another time.

Welcome.

Have you contacted Customer Service? They could give you a drawing for the tank layout. There is not much, if any, room to add more tanks in the underbelly. You should have 2 tanks side by side under the front pass thru storage, black and grey for the shower, one at the rear for the kitchen, and a fresh tank in the middle.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by theXGENbus View Post
      We have been traveling full-time for more than a year and have now crossed into the 5th wheel world. So far, we lover our 2023 278BH. Previously, we traveled in a self created 30" Skoolie. We enjoy the life off- griid; however, the tank sizes just are not big enough to stay out more than a week. Are there any clear schematic on the tank locations? I really do not want t remove the entire underbelly to map these out. I have found the typical plumbing diagram; however, no location. Please forgive the repeat if this was addressed at another time.
      As Brian states, contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN readily available. Ask them for a copy of "Holding Tanks" drawing dated 05/09/20. FYI, all three of your holding tank part numbers are H1024, 39 gallon. Your fresh water tank is 55 gallon.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Have you considered aux tanks? I have seen saddle water tanks either side of the 5th wheel hitch on my Alaska trip and a roof top mounted water tank - similar to what horse trailer have. For gray or black tank some folks carry a tote. I have also seen folks mount spare tanks and other things using the BAL tire carrier https://balrvproducts.com/product/hide-a-spare/. I don think you will find much room to up size the gray and black tanks, but the water tank is held in with a bolt in cross member. It may be possible to up size that one, but you will need to drop the belly fabric to see in some locations

Here are a few pictures of my trailer that wound have similar placement to yours..https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...flection-220rk The cross member on the fresh water (white) tank is removable on the side towards the sewer piping. Otherwise there in not muck room to spare and lots of stuff in the way.

Hope this helps.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X