Refrigerator is not recognizing Propane tank on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator is not recognizing Propane tank on one side

My refrigerator and every other gas appliance is working fine when the dial switch is directed to the propane tank on the passenger side. When using the propane tank on the driver side everything works fine except for the refrigerator. Any thoughts/suggestions on the problem?

Something changed with the refrigerator. The fact that everything else works says the propane cylinder and the switch are also working. The regulator has only one outlet.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The refrigerator might be more sensitive to propane pressure than the other appliances. I would suggest getting a system pressure measurement from each tank, to see if there is a significant difference.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob, the regulator controls the pressure to the refrigerator regardless of cylinder pressure variations.

dalby, swap cylinders, see if anything changes.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

dalby

Please let us know what model and year so we can help you better, also for future reference.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
            Cate&Rob, the regulator controls the pressure to the refrigerator regardless of cylinder pressure variations.

dalby, swap cylinders, see if anything changes.
            True, but if it's a fifth wheel, the secondary regulator or back-flow check valve may be causing a pressure difference depending on which side is being drawn from. The way this problem is described, I'd suspect a propane delivery problem, especially if it's happening from the street side cylinder on a FW.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

True, but if it's a fifth wheel, the secondary regulator or back-flow check valve may be causing a pressure difference depending on which side is being drawn from. The way this problem is described, I'd suspect a propane delivery problem, especially if it's happening from the street side cylinder on a FW.

Jim
              Great point, Jim. For those that don't know the purpose for the additional red regulator in a 5th wheel see attached PDF article by Mark Smith from Marshall Products.
              Split Cylinder Systems (Purpose - Smith, Mark.pdf

Click image for larger version  Name:	cover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	99044
              Attached Files
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

In my model Reflection, the curb side, passenger side propane goes through the secondary red regulator. The street side, driver side propane goes directly to the main regulator. The stated problem is when connected to the driver side cylinder.
                No matter, the main regulator output should not care what it's input pressure is until the cylinders are empty, on fumes with no liquid.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have a 21 Reflections 28bh

Comment

Originally posted by dalby View Post
                    Thanks everyone. I have a 21 Reflections 28bh
                    The Welcome Letter has a bunch of tips and hints, including how to fill out a signature line--please give it a read: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X