5er Garage Floor Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5er Garage Floor Cleaning

The garage floor got some muddy people tracks in it.
    The floor is black with raised circles on it.
    I vacuumed and ran the swifter over the floor. It helped, some, and the swifter pads got destroyed.
    What method does everyone use to clean the garage floor?

How about the Ramp/back porch? I guess that could be cleaned with soap/water and a scrub brush with the ramp down.

I have added cheap door mats to help with some of the tracked in filth.

Thanks.
    Steve
    2022 Momentum 381MS
    2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
    Reese Elite 27K Puck System
    Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Steve - I tried to check out the latest owner's manual to see if they had any tips. But the manuals on the new website are inaccessible. I thought I remembered that they had cleaning instructions, but I may be mistaken. If you have a copy of your owner's manual, it might be listed in there.

Are you concerned that a wet mop may damage the garage floor?

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks,
      The OM that I have mentioned the cabin floor cleaning. There is no mention of the garage floor cleaning.

No, I am not concerned about a wet mop. I can imagine a muddy and wet ATV/UTV in someone's garage.
      It is not like I am thinking of taking the garden hose to the garage floor, either. OMG!

This forum usually has lots of ideas/tips/tricks.
      I was looking more for the "this is what I do" response.

Maybe I can poke around the big box home center.

Steve
      2022 Momentum 381MS
      2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Try a stiff bristle brush to get the big stuff off, then a medium bristle brush to get the other stuff.

One other thing to remember is wet dirt is easier to pull from cracks and such than dry. Just wetting it down and wiping up immediately do not hydrate the issue. You might try a WET towel laid over the offending issue with good contact to the flooring, keep wetting the towel, to hydrate the offending dirt, then use a foaming cleaner with the medium bristle brush.

Hydration is USUALLY your friend in cleaning.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Oil Eater from tractor supply. Works wonders on rubber.

Comment

Thanks.
            I will give that a try.
            The floor is not gross. But like all things RV related...Keep it clean, maintained and lubricated.
            OH...and take your shoes off at the door!

Steve
            2022 Momentum 381MS
            2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

I suggest a mat or cover on one or more of the access stairs. Wipe those shoes off before coming into the garage.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven's Roost View Post
                The garage floor got some muddy people tracks in it.
                The floor is black with raised circles on it.
                I vacuumed and ran the swifter over the floor. It helped, some, and the swifter pads got destroyed.
                What method does everyone use to clean the garage floor?

How about the Ramp/back porch? I guess that could be cleaned with soap/water and a scrub brush with the ramp down.

I have added cheap door mats to help with some of the tracked in filth.

Thanks.
                Steve
                While I don't have the toy hauler I use a sponge mop in the trailer and used ZEP (purple) floor cleaner. It has a very good de-greaser in it and drys film free - no rinse needed. Now the sponge mop is very flexible and has a good mechanism of getting the excess water out of the head. Something to consider,
                Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                X