Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I asked everyone at the dealership "What's That For" and nobody knows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know how to remove the wood panel behind the TV to get better cable access? I would like to get 12V from there for my Peplink router.
    Thank you!
    Janos Szilardi
    2022 Transcend Xplor 251bh ☺

Comment

Starlink (roving) will solve all your problems. Put the router in your wet bay. Plug it in and you will have super fast Internet inside, outside and switch you phone to Internet calling. Wonderful.

Netflix, Newsmax, YouTube, Amazon and all the other stuff a Roku TV can offer - what else do you need? All for $150/month. We go for a week every month and take it along, and use it at home the other 3 weeks. How about that Elon?
      Last edited by RV Tailors; 07-22-2023, 06:22 PM. Reason: Thought of more stuff.
      New 2500RL, F250 Super Duty Platinum Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by RV Tailors View Post
        Starlink (roving) will solve all your problems. Put the router in your wet bay. Plug it in and you will have Internet inside, outside and switch you phone to Internet calling. Wonderful.
        I have stayed in six parks in the last 2-1/2 weeks. I'm getting to the point I'm really disliking trees... In one park, our starlink was blocked about 1 out of every three minutes. In the park we're in tonight, we can't get any Starlink signal due to some mature trees pretty much blocking out the sky. Dang it.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I have stayed in six parks in the last 2-1/2 weeks. I'm getting to the point I'm really disliking trees... In one park, our starlink was blocked about 1 out of every three minutes. In the park we're in tonight, we can't get any Starlink signal due to some mature trees pretty much blocking out the sky. Dang it.

Jim
          Were you up by us in northwestern Ontario? Tall pines and birch everywhere you camp. It's why we have no plans on solar....wouldn't work.
          Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 06-28-2023, 07:29 AM.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Yes, we did have to go through trees a couple of times. I did get the 150' wire (in addition to the 75' that came with it) to move the dish around to minimize obstructions if necessary. Otherwise the ladder mount when clear view. With obstructions the Ruku TV can help out with buffering and it still works well. Maybe a few brief interruptions an hour.
            Last edited by RV Tailors; 07-22-2023, 06:25 PM.
            New 2500RL, F250 Super Duty Platinum Diesel

Comment

Just as a passing comment . . . this thread is a good example of how using a random comment rather than the actual topic, in the title, makes future searches for this info much more difficult.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I was super annoyed when I discovered GD did not run an HDMI cord from the TV to the stereo. This would enable us to play sound from the TV through the stereo and also to plug a DVD player directly into the HDMI in on the front of the stereo. Which is a primary feature of the stereo GD installed in the trailer. Our last trailer had this done for the factory. My TV and Stereo are right beside each other. Why doesn’t GD do this??? I wish I had least had a hole/path to run my own cord like the OP appears to. But I don’t and doing it would involve lot if disassembly, cutting and fishing wires. Such a lame and cheap oversight by the manufacturer.
                2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE
                2023 Ford F-350 12,000 lb GVRW w/tow tech package

Comment

I'm in the same boat, here! The access hole is behind the TV and above the stereo. AC receptacle in right photo, I assume, is for Blue-Ray/DVD player. I would need to connect/disconnect HDMI cable to close the glass door each and every time because there's no way to pass a cable through the hole!
                  2022 Imagine 2400BH (Pearl)
                  2018 F150 King Ranch (Wylie)

Comment

Working...
                  X