Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I asked everyone at the dealership "What's That For" and nobody knows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked everyone at the dealership "What's That For" and nobody knows?

Hello,

From the first time I walked into our new 2023 GD Imagine 2500RL and pulled that giant TV out from the wall I noticed a hole in the wall behind it that is obviously there for a reason, but I can not figure out why it's there and what it's for? At first glance you would assume it;s to pass cords through or something. But there is no other access point anywhere to feed anything to?

See attached photos and thank you for your time.
    Attached Files
    Brandon & Michelle
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL | 10k Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch | Mods: TBD!
    2011 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew | 6.5ft. Bed 4WD | 3.55 Axle Ratio | Factory Max Tow Package​​​

Is there a hole in the cubby above the microwave? Look on the side walls and floor of the cubby.

I would suspect there is a corresponding location hole somewhere that would allow for installation of a DVD player or some other type of player.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Might be to run extra wires to the Radio, if its in that area. I had a hole behind my TV, and I ran wires to play the TV Sound, etc thru the radio inside and outside of my 5er. Radio was above the TV.
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Yup, DVD player cables.
        USN Engineer Retired
        2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
        2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Solved.
          Sorry, I some how double post, tried to delete one, and both were deleted. One of theose days i guess.
          Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
            Solved.
            Sorry, I some how double post, tried to delete one, and both were deleted. One of theose days i guess.
            I restored one of them for you.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

That's to run audio cables from the TV to the Furrion 7200. On my 2022, there's an HDMI cable between the TV and the back of the Furrion 7200. Not sure why... that's an OUTPUT on the 7200, not an INPUT. RCA cables work.
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

ncitro

I restored one of them for you. [/QUOTE].

Okay, thats how all this happened. I thought I only deleted one, but somehow the double post got the ax.

Thanks for the help. Steve

Steve
                2018 Reflection 303
                Diesel, Star White.

Comment

It's a space/time wormhole portal. Don't put your finger in there.

Note: Once in a while, I am permitted to get off track....

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by uwskier View Post
                    That's to run audio cables from the TV to the Furrion 7200. On my 2022, there's an HDMI cable between the TV and the back of the Furrion 7200. Not sure why... that's an OUTPUT on the 7200, not an INPUT. RCA cables work.
                    Thank you, yes this is exactly what it’s for! I was not sure if there were any input/outputs on the back and I just found the really small and crappy manual in my pile of them that I’m still working my way through.

The small manual I have sucks and lacks info. I found this one online:

(https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906119376...200_IM_WEB.pdf)

it even shows how to pull the unit out to get to them. I’m thinking I want to at least fish some audio cables tgrough to connect the TV to the coach speakers.

thank you for your help and your time.
                    Last edited by CardOneConcepts; 03-14-2023, 12:52 AM. Reason: Typos
                    Brandon & Michelle
                    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL | 10k Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch | Mods: TBD!
                    2011 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew | 6.5ft. Bed 4WD | 3.55 Axle Ratio | Factory Max Tow Package​​​

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                      It's a space/time wormhole portal. Don't put your finger in there.

Note: Once in a while, I am permitted to get off track....

Jim
                      I was going to say it is the latest in built in safes - you can put stuff in through the hole, but never get it out

But back on topic, makes me wonder if GD forgot to hook the DVD up or are they using the coax cabling shown in the first photo?
                      Edit - after looking at the specifications it appear this model does not come withe a DVD - just Bluetooth radio. There is a note about the TV being cable ready - I guess the hole cover that? Learned something new...makes me want to hang on to my 220RK even more with the DVD/radio and pop up TV that I never use
                      Last edited by Yoda; 03-14-2023, 01:17 PM.
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I was going to say it is the latest in built in safes - you can put stuff in through the hole, but never get it out

But back on topic, makes me wonder if GD forgot to hook the DVD up or are they using the coax cabling shown in the first photo?
                        Edit - after looking at the specifications it appear this model does not come withe a DVD - just Bluetooth radio. There is a note about the TV being cable ready - I guess the hole cover that? Learned something new...makes me want to hang on to my 220RK even more with the DVD/radio and pop up TV that I never use
                        Yes you are correct, it does not come with a DVD player. But the TV is a smart Roku TV which you can install all the streaming services and even cast to it. But that does you no good when the wifi sucks. So we plan to install a small DVD player and run it to the TV when needed.
                        Last edited by CardOneConcepts; 03-14-2023, 04:18 PM. Reason: typo
                        Brandon & Michelle

Comment

CardOneConcepts, just a caution that most RV parks have poor WiFi, slow and easily overloaded by other users, and they discourage streaming. We are seeing some parks that, for an additional fee, do have high speed WiFi. For streaming, we use our cell service. We also carry a DVD player and are developing an extensive collection of our favorite shows, mostly British crime shows.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                            CardOneConcepts, just a caution that most RV parks have poor WiFi, slow and easily overloaded by other users, and they discourage streaming. We are seeing some parks that, for an additional fee, do have high speed WiFi. For streaming, we use our cell service. We also carry a DVD player and are developing an extensive collection of our favorite shows, mostly British crime shows.
                            Yes I am WELL aware of that thank you, my go to is my CHiPs and Dukes of Hazzard Box set, just picked up the best of Benny Hill that I look forward to watching on a rainy day in. the camper. It's kind of why I was asking about the mystery hole in the first place as I was hoping to mount a small DVD player somewhere hidden and run the HDMI from it through that hole. But I think we are just going to buy a small compact one and command strip it under where the TV is mounted or even behind it if it will fit?

I will also try to run audio from the TV to the back of the Furrion entertainment system as I would like to run the TV audio through the camper speakers and I am not sure why GD did not think to just do that... But then again there are several things I am starting to realize that GD skimped on here and there. Like a lack of a solar panel shut of switch soi I can saflet disconnect my battery without frying the inverter because the manual indicates it as an optional component . Or the fact that GD went through the trouble of adding an electrical outlet and a cable outlet on the outside of the camper but no way to structurally mount a TV bracket to the wall because they failed to add EGS in that area. And don't get me starter on the cluster F rats nest of a mess under the bathroom sink where there is a heater vent and all the electrical leading to the circuit breaker and inverter that are on the wall in the bedroom on the other side. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to install a sink above the heart of the campers electrical system but they could of at least taken the extra step to just inclose that door under the sink completely and just made it an access door with some kind of a protective barrier between the sink and the electrical as it serves no other purpose and it all just looks like a sweep under the rug after thought. Or the whole "pre-wired" TPSM thing that there is no documentation on in the manual and you basically have to go out and buy all the other components just to get it to work, having info to achieve that would be useful.

Sorry for my soap box moment there, but for the amount of $$ we are investing in theses campers, so attention to little details like that make a huge difference.

I absolutely love our new GD Imagine and know we made a good brand choice, and if you can find a camper you are 100% happy with right off the lot then you are lucky or have low standards in a camper. So I will have to address each of these problems that annoy me personally to make my camper the way I think it should have been when it rolled of the factory floor. I plan to post and make videos of all my future modifications.
                            Last edited by CardOneConcepts; 03-28-2023, 09:29 AM.
                            Brandon & Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by CardOneConcepts View Post
                              I plan to post and make videos of all my future modifications.
                              I look forward to reading and watching!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                              X