Command 3M stick wall stick ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command 3M stick wall stick ons

I’m thinking about using 3M command stick on hooks and trays in my new imagine. Will this cause a detachment of the wallpaper? Or will it damage in any other way the wallpaper. I don’t really plan on taking them off the wall once I have stuck them there.

We use them in our Reflection and have had no issue's.
    Nels & Vanessa
    2022 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

We use them as well with no issues. I think weight is a factor.

By the way I removed your other post on the same subject.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We use them for lightweight things. I have read reports of heavy loads pulling the “wall paper” off the wall. The glue holding the paper to the luan underneath is weaker than the 3M bond to the paper.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

From the FAQ section of the 3M website:

Click image for larger version  Name:	command.png Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	124768

I prefer to use a small screw to mount heavier items like framed photos or art work. It's easy to color match a screw hole later if you decide to remove the object.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

As Rob mentioned I have seen where the command strips have pulled the wall paper off. We have a few by the door for light stuff such as hats. We also use them in the shower where they are attacked to the plastic, Hold very well there.

For heavier items I use these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0031s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	124824
            They even work on an outside wall.
            I used them for the paper towel holder and the knife block by the stove.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0025s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	124825 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0026s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.0 KB ID:	124826

Keith

Edit
            BTW Just a note on how to keep the paper towels on the bar during travel (they kept bouncing off). Take a plastic lid of of say a cottage cheese container and cut a hole to fit the rod and slits around the hole to get it over the rod end. No more paper towels on the floor
            Last edited by Yoda; 12-04-2023, 12:27 PM.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjgill17 View Post
              I’m thinking about using 3M command stick on hooks and trays in my new imagine. Will this cause a detachment of the wallpaper? Or will it damage in any other way the wallpaper. I don’t really plan on taking them off the wall once I have stuck them there.
              I use them for light weight wall hangings like tin signs and the like. I did remove some in my Lance when we got this camper and they pulled right off without tearing the wall paper. Just make sure you pull in the right direction.
              Trib
              2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
              2021 Momentum 320G
              2021 Road Glide Limited
              See you down the road!!

Comment

Working...
              X